Monday, January 22, 2007

Menu Plan Monday


This is my first time joining in on the menu planning Monday. I am hoping this will help my grocery shopping get finished today for the week! I cooked so many yummy things last week. Mom fell and hurt her knee pretty bad last week so I took food to her a few nights. Now, I have to come up with new interesting meals for this week. :)
Monday...Pizza burgers and veggies
Tuesday...crock pot garlic chicken spaghetti
Wednesday... black beans & rice
Thursday... Frito chili pie (with leftover black beans)
Friday... Chinese carryout (yea!)

Pizza burgers (Matt's favorite!)
I buy 90% fat free ground sirloin, press them as thin as possible. Add shredded mozz cheese when cooked and then put pizza sauce on both buns after toasting them with a dot of butter on the grill. I usually make mine plain...

Crock pot garlic chicken (always a hit)
First a few boneless skinless chicken breasts (mine are usually frozen from sams), add several cloves of fresh garlic, spices, salt, and then pour a jar of roasted garlic ragu over and simmer all day. Serve over whole wheat pasta with a bit of freshly grated parm.

1 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Crock pot garlic chicken looks easy AND delicious! Thanks!