Thursday, August 28, 2008

ww

girltalk2.jpg

It’s been a busy Wednesday morning around here! Overall it’s going well… beds made (check), laundry done (check), dinner planned (check), Izzy fed breakfast (check), Izzy with foot splints (check), Izzy in stander 30 minutes (check)… I have a big stack of CADs I need to work on in a minute and then it will be time to get Izzy to school! YIKES.

To update my review of the WEN product I mentioned… I’ve used it a few more times and I think it is getting better. I still feel like my hair isn’t as clean as I like. I normally use biolage which smells so clean to begin with and usually wash and wash again before using conditioner. I like clean. Anyway, this stuff smells pretty good, kinda minty. It doesn’t lather. At all. It’s like putting conditioner on your hair. But you leave it on for the whole time you shower (five minutes or more) and then rinse it off. You use a lot. It’s recommended that you use like 24 pumps of it minimum. It’s hard to use so much of something that was $30 for a small bottle, but I’m giving it a fair shot. I have had several people say my hair looks smoother than they have ever seen it. It’s naturally curly and I prefer it straight. I have been staightening it more and even with the normal humidity of Oklahoma it’s been staying straight without getting frizzy. I am not sure yet… a)if I’ll re-buy… my hair is going to have to show drastic results to buy more or b) if it is going to drive me crazy feeling like my hair isn’t clean enough. I’ll keep you updated, I know you are just on the edge of your seat! :P

I marinated chicken yesterday to grill. At 4:45 I went out to fire up the grill and noticed the flames were not very high. Oops… time for a new bottle of propane. Matt (usually) gets home at five and is hungry, more now that I’ve been starving limiting his portions. So I opted for plan B which wasn’t a plan at all, but almost an entire pizza left in the fridge from the night before. I put it in the oven to make it crispy again and fixed a spinach salad and broccoli on the side. I put the chicken in the fridge because it’s better anyway if it marinates longer, right? Then Matt calls to say he is working late. Really late. So, at 10 p.m. he got what resembled two slices of pizza but has turned into a cracker with dry cheese because it sat in the over (I did remember to turn it off - duh!) for hours & hours! That’ll teach him to be late! No not really, I just didn’t have a plan C… Well, I could have a plan C but by ten I wasn’t willing to do a plan C. He didn’t complain. He’s a saint.

I was looking through the folder that was sent home from school with Isabelle yesterday evening. I didn’t read read everything but kinda glanced at everything and thank goodness I noticed the snack schedule! She is the snack bringer for TODAY! I had no idea. She wasn’t on the schedule for last year in pre-k, probably because she doesn’t stay in the room during snack time and doesn’t always partake in snacks… but I don’t mind bringing them… just glad I know to bring them. So some time before I take her which is only a couple of hours we have to run to the store and find something healthy. I had bought some chewy fruit things at Sams that say 100% of daily vitamins… for snacks for the big kids. I think it had about 50 packs inside and thought… I can take out 19 of those and send them. They are healthy. After reading the notes from the teacher it said “do not send chewy fruit or candy.” Okay. I’ll have to go to the store. Izzy’s favorite snack is gogurt. But, I doubt I’ll send that. We’ll see. Any suggestions (please don’t tell me to slice fruit! UGH)?

Okay, I’m out! Too much to do to keep typing your ear off. Have a great Wednesday!


post signature