Wednesday, January 23, 2008

ww progress...

I'm doing pretty well with ww. It's week two. I lost 4 lbs the first week, and three the second... for a grand total of 7 pounds lost! I am pretty happy with the results considering I had dinner with Mendy at Logan's last Friday night. I only ate half my food (the rest was breakfast), and then Saturday we got gyros for dinner... I'm doing well with no cokes, I have figured out a formula for sweet tea that is low sugar but still sweet enough that I like drinking it. I make a gallon of tea and add a rounded 1/3 c. of splenda and a sparse 1/3 of real sugar. It's not bad for that much tea. Cutting sugar out of my diet has been the biggest change. I have switched to sugarless gum and haven't been making desserts. Mom and dad came down and brought dinner the other night (chicken enchiladas - yum) and cheesecake! I had a small piece and stayed within my points for the day. I have a basket on top of the fridge with 100 cal snacks. I have just bought several different types I like (my fav right now is the cheetos asteroids) and I reach in and get one for a quick 2 point snack. Sometimes I just try a piece of sugarless gum when I want something. It's been working so far. I'm buying Julie's treadmill and it should be here late today (or maybe tomorrow ;o). I'm so excited to be able to walk while here in the mornings with Iz. I finally have an ipod shuffle so I can listen to tunes while she watches noggin.

Well, that's everything you could want to know and more about my weight loss happenings... if you have any questions ask away and I'll put the answers at the bottom of this post.

breakfast today... 1 egg + 2 egg whites scrambled with pinch of parm cheese 3 points
1 piece ww toast with 1 tsp butter 2 points
1 cup hot green tea with splenda 0 points

Lunch... lean cuisine 5 points
cracker jacks 2 points
tea 1 point


Whitney asked if I'd recommend weight watchers? Absolutely Whitney. I think it is really easy to follow and after you do it a while you know what to eat to stay within your points allowed per day.

post signature

14 comments:

Sonya said...

I'm going to be doing this soon. I can't afford the monthly subscription but I'm going to use the free trial to try and figure out how to do it.

I'll be seeing my mom this weekend and I'm going to get that pilates DVD. She forgot to mail it last week so I told her to hang on to it and give it to me in person. I'll email you as soon as I get a copy burned, which should be Monday or Tuesday.

Yvonne said...

Good for you!!! That is fabulous. I just cheat too much. I've got to get busy. Thanks for being such a great example--in so many ways ; )

OKGardners said...

Seven pounds!! That is great for 2 weeks. Keep up the good work.

Betty

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Great work losing 7 pounds! Keep talking about it...it might accidently inspire me!! lol
About that tea "recipe"...does it leave any aftertaste like some artificial sweetners do? I've never tried Splenda, but have an aunt who swears by it. Tell me the truth about ANY aftertaste. I'd love to try it, but I can't stand that icky taste you usually get. Blah! (This is why I'm fat...I refuse to sacrafice taste for the sake of fewer calories. lol).

Kari

Whitney said...

I'm so proud of you for sticking to your diet!!!! 7 pounds in two weeks is awesome. My mom and I have thought about doing weight watchers, would you recommend it?! Congrats!!!

Emily said...

congratulations! I'm re-weight watchering and it really does work as long as you follow the program : )

Constance said...

7 pounds is great in 2 weeks, Annie ! Congratulations !

Toknowhim said...

Go Annie...Again, we are on similar paths... Keep it up!!1

Nancy Face said...

That is just so awesome!!! I'm very excited for you, and I'm quite sure you'll stick with it and achieve your goal! :D :D :D

My 7 pounds has taken 3 weeks, and I don't allow myself any snacks at all, because this crazy little megaphone in my brain calls out to my tummy, "INCOMING SNACK! PREPARE FOR REINFORCEMENTS!" Translation: if I have one snack, I lose control and snack the rest of the day. It's quite preposterous, haha! :D

Irene said...

Such good news! I am glad for you. I did WW 20 years ago(!!!). When I came here I asked for WW, but they were not available in our town. Plus I do not know how you manage with the whole points system . I didn't do points at the time, but it does sound complicated!
Anyway. Good luck. I think the treadmill is great!

gail@more than a song said...

Sugar is the biggest thing for me....I gave up cokes years ago, I'd rather eat my sugar than drink it most times! But if I can cut down on sweets and other stuff like that, I do so much better. It's what I love but it doesn't love me.

Barb said...

I'd never paid a bit of attention to WW until my daughter Krissy joined last summer. She lost 30 pounds in seven weeks! So I know for sure it works and everyone I've ever known who joined WW has told me that losing weight was easy, not a struggle at all. Good for you. Seven pounds is a wonderful start!

Anonymous said...

Really nice loss, Annie! WTG! And that's wonderful you're getting a treadmill!
Cheering you on :)

Susanne said...

Way to go, Annie!