Tuesday, January 15, 2008

time travel tuesday ~ 2013


Let's travel forward this time! Where do you see yourself in five years? Will you be living where you live now? What's going on in your life five years from now???





I went with Amanda to a job orientation banquet at Spencer's BBQ last night. (Don't worry, I saved my points all day so I wouldn't go over) .... anyway, got home and remembered ttt. I asked out loud to myself where we should travel and Amanda said, "the future." I decided I was only comfortable to go five years forward today :o)!

When I think of the future, my first thought is the list of how old the kids will be (am I not the only one who chronicles time by my kid's ages?)... so it will be 22, 18, 14, and 10!!! WOW. I will have finished up my degree in marriage and family counseling that has been on hold since Izzy's accident and will be almost finished with my first book which is titled, "Drowning in Faith."

Don't forget to sign mr. linky!



post signature

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the topic early -- I like having time to think about it before writing. I'll be back probably in the morning with my link.

Karen Hossink said...

Oh! I wish I had time to participate in this one. Brian and I were just talking about where I will be and what I will be doing in five or ten years, in regards to speaking and writing. Yesterday I was invited to speak for a women's retreat this August and I am full of wonder at what God may have in store.
We'll see how the day goes...I would really like to get in on this one!

Jodi said...

Mine's up. Still not sure why it says bean dip behind my name on the Linky... as I didn't type it... ugh!

Anonymous said...

Mine is up now, too. This was fun!

Nancy Face said...

You're definitely not the only one who chronicles time by the ages of the kids! :o)

I had no idea you were working on a degree in marriage and family counseling! That is so wonderful, and your faith, kindness and compassion will be such assets in counseling and helping others! :)

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Annie,

You know what I love about you...when you speak you speak words of confidence and authortity. You don't say "I might be", or "maybe", you say I WILL BE DONE with my degree and finishing up my book.

Good for you!

Haven't sat and truly pondered where I will be exactly in 5 years, but as long as I am in the CENTER of God's will for my life I really am up for whatever adventure HE brings my way.

Nope...when I think in 5 years from now I think...oh my gosh, my oldest will be almost 19 and in college, and my baby will almost 17 and getting ready for the world. I will be almost 41 and dh will be almost 44. The great thing is...we still have SO much more life after that and it is ALL God's.

Great post!
Melissa

Family O'Foxes said...

This is my first time on your blog.

What an interesting questions today. Got me thinking about what is going on in my life.

~Amy

Whitney said...

Wow! You're writing a book?! That's impressive! Is it something you want to get published and everything?
That's awesome you'll have your degree also, that's hard work!!! I'm so proud of you!

ohAmanda said...

Lydia will be 7 *gasp*! Are you really writing a book?!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I ALWAYS chronicle by my kid's ages! How funny! Can't wait for the book!

Shawna said...

Oh no! I missed it. I can't wait to get back on track with these. Wow! Great goals. I would love to read your book!