Saturday, December 15, 2007

STILL no electricity!!!!

We are still without electricity! I thought I would answer a few of the questions in the comments ...
We are eating a lot of carryout food and fast food. Most businesses in Choctaw are beginning to regain their power now, but the neighboring towns have mostly had electricity. It's cold enough that I can keep milk in a pantry type room I have that is very cold. I've had to feed izzy pediasure because I can't blend her food and can't warm anything. She is tired of pediasure. I am too (for her).
We are using a lot of candles for light.
I remain optimistic that it can't be much longer and maintain my "Pollyanna" attitude about the whole thing... the glad game: I'm glad we have heat. I'm glad we have resources to buy all these supplies to sustain us (even if it is my Christmas money:0). I'm glad we are all safe and know that our power will eventually be back. I'm glad I have a cell phone to keep contact with the world.
Thank you for all your prayers.

post signature

11 comments:

Luke's Mom said...

Annie,

Having a thankful attitude is so important to keeping a good attitude. I'm praying right now for the electricity to start today.

Love in Christ,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Annie---

Oh my what a difficult thing to have to deal with.. no electricity! I am praying you all get it back soon. That you all will have patience while it is off, and that true joy will be in your hearts even with the difficulty of no power.

Be blessed! DJ

Klin said...

I am grateful to hear that you have a good attitude. When I told hubs of your predicament he replied by saying, "if only they were two states closer and it wasn't winter, I'd run my generator over." Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

I'll keep praying that they get to ya'll soon.

Merry Christmas

Constance said...

You are being very resourceful for your family to play the glad game, during this long power outage, Annie. If you were to fall apart after the holidays were over, it'd be understandable. Talk about stress !

Nancy Face said...

The glad game...such a wonderful idea to lift your spirits during a time of adversity! I'm glad you can keep milk cold, and that you can get food and water and candles. And even though Izzy (and you) are tired of Pediasure, I'm so glad it's available to keep her strong. You are a such a great example to me, and I'm thankful for you! I'll keep praying for progress on the repairs to the electricity! (((HUGS)))

Jenileigh said...

Praying your power comes on soon!!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I hope it's on soon!

Yvonne said...

Sure hope it's not much longer until you have power again. The glad game is perfect!!!! You have such a great attitude, Annie.

Theresa said...

your great attitude is probably the thing getting you and your family through. Hope it is not too much longer for you.

Sandra said...

Checking in to see how you are all holding up, you have electricity yet???

I've been keeping you in my prayers, I'm sorry you're having to go through this but you have a great attitude and I know it will help you all through it :)

Huge hugs, thinking of you all,
Sandra♥

ann said...

I heard the good news! You finally have power again! I talked to my friend from work, who lives in Del City, last night and she still had no power either! Hopefully hers will be back on today.
annb