Saturday, December 29, 2007

basketball...

Just got home from Emelia's fourth game in the tournament! Her team lost this game as well as the other three. The good part is that they played so hard this last game. The team only made 2 points on them the whole 20 minute second half. Emelia is totally in it for social reasons, but she just so happens to be the tallest girl out there (no pressure)...

Another fun part of the day... a girl (lady) walked up to me at the game and asked my name. I told her my maiden school name and she said, "you look exactly like you did in high school, brat!" Now, I don't like being called a "brat" but I sure didn't mind the other part of the comment. I sure wish I could have returned the compliment. I just smiled and told her it was nice to see her.

Dad's here, just got carryout pizza... football on the television... I'm going to snuggle in with Izzy and hang out at home (or run off to the bedroom and watch Waitress which I rented today after reading such good reviews on so many blogs!)


post signature

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

Hope Emelia had fun.

I could handle being called a brat with a compliment like that ; )

Enjoy your evening.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

You've got to tell me how Waitress is! I've been thinking of getting it, but can't decide. And I'm not even going to speak those ugly thoughts going through my mind regarding your obviously very youthful appearance. Let's just say life in the new millenium has not been good to my exterior...at ALL! LOL

Jodi said...

I want to see Waitress, was it good?

I don't like being called a brat either!

Love your new layout!! Did you design it?

Julie said...

I love the new look on your blog! It's very cute! I need a fresh look for the new year...hint hint.

Nancy Face said...

Annie, your blog looks so pretty! :)

I really can't imagine anyone calling you a brat, but I can completely understand her saying you look the same as in high school! I'm thinking she was a wee bit jealous! ;)

Anonymous said...

I miss those fun days hanging out the b-ball tournaments!! Nice to come home to pizza too!

ohAmanda said...

Of course you look the same! You are twins to your daughter!

Jenny said...

Yeah, the genetic pool has been very kind to you! :)
How funny that Amelia is the tallest girl out there, but is purely out there for social reasons. That would SO frustrate me as her coach ;) (Not that I would know anything about that! My tallest girl can't catch passes thrown in to her....) I wish I could come watch her play!