Wednesday, December 26, 2007

another christmas over...

Is it just me, or is it kinda sad for Christmas to be over (again)? I mean I do feel the initial relief knowing all gifts have been bought and opened for the most part... that the food has been made and eaten, that all is finished. But, it just seems like it's this huge build up and then bam it's over! I'm so tired! This weekend was a crazy run and although I told the kids we might go to the mall (I need to shop for a new calendar)... I am thinking home sounds better today.

Matt couldn't find his work vehicle keys this morning. He's been home since last Thursday. I was a little concerned they were thrown out with all the wrapping. He has a specific basket he puts all his stuff in each day after work. They keys were not there. We proceeded to tear things apart to find them. It's so frustrating to lose something. I had cleaned pretty well Friday and Saturday, including under the sofas and under the cushions were vacuumed so I felt pretty sure they were not there. I looked under a cushion in a side chair and didn't see them but after an hour of looking matt pulled the cushion up and saw the edge of them down in the crevice. Can you say relief???? Too much drama for the day after Christmas.

Amanda has the car, although we are getting details wrapped up today like insurance. She hasn't been able to drive it. The insurance place has been called but their computers were down so we're waiting still.

I'm hoping that over this break I get to see Mendy because I haven't seen her for so long. Last Spring she finished her masters right after having baby #4 and took a job that has tied her up (too much!) and I plan to see Julie when she comes into town! I'm holding her birthday and christmas gift captive until I see her... we usually do german food or victorias (my favorite, but all the way in norman!)...

Happy day after Christmas! I'm off to look for my old blog template. Hopefully it is backed up... Did I mention I got a new laptop for christmas?

post signature

10 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

I know what you mean about the huge build up and then BAM it's over. It takes me a day or two to get over it.

Poor Matt...loosing something right after Christmas is scary. You just KNOW it got thrown out. So glad he found his keys.

Hugs!
Kat

Marcia Francois said...

Hi Annie

That would absolutely drive me crazy - not being able to find keys, that is LOL :)

We are still eating leftovers (yesterday evening, lunch today, and we're going to have a late supper now)...

Yesterday evening Dion and I set goals for 2008 (love this) and
I did lots of work today on my website, so I'm feeling super-productive and best.. the fridge is emptying! Yay!

Have a lovely day

Dena said...

I am sort of glad it's over - tooo much pressure - but I do love the parties and the decorations! So glad you got a new laptop - that's awesome for the blogging! Can't wait to see pictures!

Sonya said...

I know exactly what you mean! I am sad that Christmas is over. I want it to last for at least a week! It seems that so much goes into it and it just ends way too soon!

Glad you found the keys! That is very frustrating! My hubby is off until after New Year's so I'm going now to get his keys and put them right where they won't be moved! LOL!

Michelle said...

I know what you mean; my mom and I were talking about the same thing - all this build up and it's over in such a short time! Although we'll have another smaller Christmas when Joe gets home and open a few more gifts then :)

So glad the keys were found! what a relief! and how nice to get a new laptop!

Julie said...

so happy you found the keys, can't wait to see you Friday, and happy day after Christmas to you, too!!

love you

gail@more than a song said...

It always feels like it's over too fast and a bit sad too!
Merry Christmas Annie, sounds like y'all have had a big time.
I got a new laptop too...but can you believe I haven't gotten it going yet! I think it has vista though and I'm not looking forward to dealing with that.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean! I always feel a little let down when it is all over. I guess that is normal since we spend months anticipating one day. However, we have been going so much this week, I am looking forward to spending tomorrow at home, doing nothing but playing games with the kids! Glad you had a good Christmas!

Nancy Face said...

Ugh, such a pain looking for lost keys! I'm so glad you were able to find them! :0

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad you didn't have to go through the garbage bags looking for the keys--glad you found them.

I feel the same way about the let down after Christmas. It is so fun getting everything ready and then all of a sudden it's over.