Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday. Monday.

It's Monday (again)!!! It is cloudy outside here, but not too chilly (yet)... I heard it will be very cool on Thanksgiving! I think a shopping trip is in order... Anyway, we will be traveling to Matt's mother's house for the day of Thanksgiving. I told Matt as I was dozing off last night that I need to make a real list of all that I am making so I can "make it work." I know that spinach dip was on the list... I have a pie recipe I want to try too! I decided that since we will be eating so well in the later part of the week we will just live on what we have for this first few days. I made chicken spaghetti yesterday and there is plenty left for tonight. I see grilled cheese sandwiches and fettucini alfredo in the near future. Thursday will be turkey day and Friday leftovers! YUM! Saturday we are eating with mom and dad. I think they are having ribs (I really don't like ribs, but can make it on side dishes :o) I have been asked to make potato salad. I need to make a salad and a couple dozen rolls for tomorrow (a neighbor died Friday so the neighborhood is taking the family a meal after the funeral tomorrow). So, I'll be making my lists and checking them twice to go get everything.

Amanda is still sore, but she is doing fine. Robot baby turned off at exactly 3 p.m. yesterday and I really think she was relieved. Saturday evening I went with my mom to the mall and hobby lobby. We stopped at Chequers to eat dinner and Amanda was out so she stopped by to eat dinner with us. She came in carrying a crying robot baby. She had moved it's neck too far back getting it out of it's carseat. It just took a few minutes to calm it down. I thought it was funny that she turned to the table across from us and said, "it's a robot baby for my parenting class, I promise it will stop crying in just a minute." She is so shy I just thought it was great that she told them what was going on. I guess she has had to explain why she is carrying a doll around a lot. Especially because it looks so real people want to peek at her baby...

Church yesterday was really good. There was a guest performer yesterday morning that at first I didn't "get." But by the end of it I was really moved and could feel the strong presense of God in the church. Several people gave their lives to God and it was very touching. She was a speakier/singer and a little more country than I am used to. But, I am so glad I kept an open mind because it was great. Last night we had women's groups and had a devo about memories being treasures. I reflected (in my mind) about my blog and how my memories are recorded. I can go back and see that God has been with me through it all. I know that all my blog friends are sent straight from God because you are all such a blessing to me.

Happy Monday!

19 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I'm glad Amanda is doing fine, and it's great she did so well with Robot baby. That was a cute story at the restaurant! :)

It sounds like church was really uplifting. Happy Monday to you...you're a blessing to me, too! :o)

Haley said...

It's good to hear that Amanda's neck is feeling better. :-) I'm glad to hear that also that she did well "Mothering" her robot baby.

Hope your Thanksgiving is blessed!

Justabeachkat said...

I'm glad Amanda is feeling better. Please show us a pic of her with her "baby".

Give Izzy Bear a hug from me.

Hugs!
Kat

Justabeachkat said...

I'm glad Amanda is feeling better. Please show us a pic of her with her "baby".

Give Izzy Bear a hug from me.

Hugs!
Kat

Jenny said...

Well, I know y'all are glad that the robot baby is done! :)
I'm like you: having to make my grocery list and check it twice. I have to bring rolls and desserts. Not sure what that will be....
Our weather is going up and down. High of 75 tomorrow, and 55 on Thursday. I'm kinda glad though. I don't like to wear shorts at Thanksgiving lunch. :)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Can I have your recipe for spinach dip?! I have always wanted to make it...and you always have such yummy recipes :)

I am glad Amanda is feeling better...and that her robot baby got turned off! haha!!

KC said...

I'm so behind on my blog reading, sorry about that.. WOW I just read about Amanda's crash.. I'm glad she is doing ok.. those neck injuries from car crashes hurts so bad.. I'm LOL about her new little boy that she dresses as a girl though ;P

glad you got a blessing from church sunday..

If I go MIA again(since I'm running around like a crazy women this week) Happy Thanksgiving.

Sonya said...

I remember seeing teenagers carrying around those baby dolls a few years ago. An interesting concept.

Susanne said...

Sounds like a very busy week coming for you. Lots of cooking even though dinner is not at your house!

So glad to hear that Amanda is doing okay after that accident. And too funny about that robot baby. They don't do that around here in the schools.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Amanda is doing better...I first read the crash and I was worried.

I hope everyone else is doing good. :D

Yvonne said...

Love the story about Amanda and robot baby in the restaurant. She sounds like such a sweetie!!! (I'm sure glad she is doing well)

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I'm glad ou had a great Sunday.

Sandra said...

Glad Amanda is feeling better and doing so good with her robot baby.

Please post a picture I can't wait to see :)

Corrie said...

Hey Annie!
Glad to catch up on what you are doing. Those Robot babies are so funny. Happy Cooking!
Corrie

Barbara said...

Hi Annie! This has nothing to do with your post. Was just wondering when "Time Travel Tuesday" will be back? Just love it! So I really missed it for the last couple of weeks.

ohAmanda said...

So true about the blog--esepcially your TTT!

I want to see a picture of Amanda & her baby!

Nancy Face said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :)

Constance said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Annie!
Glad Amanda is doing well. :)
Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

God bless :)

gail@more than a song said...

I've enjoyed hearing about Amanda and the baby, do you have pics to show us!
Sounds like a busy week, have fun with family.
You're a blessing to me Annie!