Saturday, October 13, 2007

vacation ~ day one and two!

The first day of our vacation was spent mostly traveling. We left OKC early (before daylight) Wednesday morning. Here we are at our first layover in St. Louis, MO.

We arrived in Orlando around 3:00 p.m. and made our way to "Give Kids the World" at about four. We were taken to our villa where we found a gift basket full of fun goodies and a fridge full of yummy treats! A big Mickey Mouse doll for Izzy and shamus for everyone! They brought gifts for each kid everyday with the daily newsletter of events and menu. It was so much fun! and the fun started! and then Izzy fell fast asleep!Up early Thursday morning, we met Mickey & Minnie (and Belle too!)

The kids played in the water for a little while in the morning. Here's Bailey trying to hide, he didn't want to be caught playing in the fun water park (teenagers :o)... and then we got ready to go to Disney's Magic Kingdom!

This is the monorail thingy that we had to ride into the park. I was so hot and Izzy got upset and fell asleep when I held her. This is one of the many lovely flattering pictures of me, notice the incredible amount of glow I have :o)! Here are my cool kids, getting ready to enter Magic Kingdom!

We rode lots of rides. Izzy liked the sleeping beauty ride and here are me & Amanda on the dumbo ride.

Izzy enjoying an icee!
Me reassuring Izzy on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride :o)! (kisses always help)
waiting for the ferry...
Christmas night at GKTW. Here's me and Izzy out for the night of fun.

Izzy with Santa and Mrs. Clause.Isabelle picked a glow worm for her Santa gift.

Here was Izzy with Mayor Clayton (the mayor of GKTW).
That ended our first two days in Florida!
I'll be back soon for day three!


25 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

Wonderful photos, what a great trip. Did you drive or fly there? What a great Mum you have too. Annie, you look about 25! How do you do that? Thanks for sharing these..you must be busy working your way through all your favourite photos!

Sonya said...

Great photos! Looks like lots of fun! It makes me want to go down there and visit!

Justabeachkat said...

Oh, this is fun...getting to feel like I'm on the trip too! Great photos.

Hugs!
Kat

Barb said...

So many great photos, Annie. What a great vacation and I'm so impressed that there were toys waiting for the kids when they arrived. So much fun and all these photos are just wonderful. My favorite is Izzy totally zonked out in her bed. :-)

Susan said...

Great pictures and fun times. You do glow in the picture of you and Izzy on the monorail!!!!
Susan

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun so far. They sure kept you busy though.

ohAmanda said...

How fun! Everyone is so cute!! (even you with the glow!!!)

Becky said...

Great pictures. Looks like a wonderful trip. I wish we would have had cooler weather to share with you. It's finally cooling off some this weekend.
I hope Izzy loved the Magic Kingdom! : )

Michelle said...

that villa sounds so nice! and how neat they bring gifts for the all of the kids every day - bet you all needed another suitcase to bring all the loot home in LOL Looks like it was a wonderful time, and Izzy looks exhausted in that one pic sleeping on the bed. Bet the days just wore her out! They would me!

So glad that you guys had a date once you got back too - sounds like it was a nice, relaxing time!

Debi said...

Oh Annie, thanks for sharing all of these photos! I now have the biggest smile on my face!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Fantastic picuters! I love the one of Izzy passed out. That's when you know it was a great day :) Looks like everyone had a blast. Even Bailey though I'm sure he wouldn't admit it.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I don't know which is better - the photos or your commentary! It all looks and sounds so wonderful. I'm glad you all got the opportunity to go. And by the way, where's all these "unflattering" photos of you? Tell me these aren't them! I'll have to smack you around a little if they are. lol You look BEAUTIFUL - I know for sure now where your children got their amazing looks!
Kari

Jenny said...

I enjoyed all these photos! Can't wait to see the rest of the vacation pics! Y'all sure were busy little bees in Florida; bet you had to come home to rest ;)

Momma Roar said...

I love 'being along' on your vacation! Such great pictures Annie!

Theresa said...

Great Pictures- Everyone is looks like they are having a wonderful time!
I had to laugh at the pictures of your son, I remember when I went through that phase of having my picture taken -which has mysteriously come back.
I am sure everyone will always remember the special time you had together.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! Looks like it was a fun trip that everyone will remember for a very long time!

Nancy Face said...

I just loved seeing these great pictures and reading all about your wonderful vacation! It made me feel like a little bug (Jiminy Cricket?) that got to tag along! ;)

Zach and I enjoyed the picture of Bailey trying to hide behind his hair, haha! I think you look beautiful, and the kids all look so cute and happy! My favorite picture of Izzy is the one where she picked her glow worm...so precious! I'm so glad you had this wonderful experience with your family! :D

KC said...

Sounds and looks like a perfect trip

Tori :) said...

Ooh- I love all the great pics!!! What a great vacation! I can't wait to take all the kiddos to Disneyland or World! It's all so magical!!
!!!! just for the heck of it!!!!

Joyful Days said...

Looks like Bailey was trying to pretend he wasn't having any fun!! LOL. But I'm sure it was wonderful for everyone.

Izzy looks so sweet!

Praise and Coffee said...

What fun!!!

Dena said...

Oka - I LOVE pictures! those were great and Bailey cracks me up - Dude Disney is cool at any age - it's one of my FAVES!!! Izzie looked like she had a great time! Y'all packed in LOTS of stuff in the first days - I can't wait to see the rest!

Anonymous said...

So fun! What a nice place to stay! The water park looks so fun. How neat that they have a Christmas meal too. I can't wait to read more!

gail@more than a song said...

I missed you while you were gone! Great photos and it looks like y'all had such fun!

ZAM said...

What a lovely vacation you have had. I'm glad to see Izzy enjoying the Christmas Night.