Thursday, October 11, 2007

thirteen thursday ~ a list???





Thirteen random thoughts since I am having trouble finding time and energy to post about our wonderful week away. I have about 700 photos to sort through to decide what to post and also don't want to bore everyone with silly details... so here's a random quick list that doesn't have enough commonality to have a title...

1. Florida is humid, it was a bad hair week. I think I am deciding to grow my hair long again... ugh.

2. How can there be so much to unpack? I haven't made a dent in it yet.

3. Time away from Matt has brought us closer I believe. That's all I'll say on that ;o).

4. Izzy had so much fun, she is a trooper and if I didn't learn anything else I learned that she can go and do everything and loves it.

5. My mom was fantastic on the trip. She made it so much more enjoyable and she was very helpful. I'm so glad she went.

6. I love outlet shopping. I found a coach outlet store in Orlando, that's where I got my souvenier(s) ... purse, wallet, and keychain to match! YAY!

7. All the kids went to school yesterday. Izzy's teachers were shocked to see her. I told them she wasn't tired, but when I picked her up they corrected me and said she was tired, in fact she fell asleep in circle time. Her school pic was adorable, I'll scan it asap and post it for ya'll!

8. I made the BEST chicken pot pie last night. I used phyllo dough. YUMMO! It is a keeper.

9. Many of the pictures from our trip are unflattering of me. I think it is a little depressing but in the grand scheme of things I suppose it's not a big deal.

10. My mom's co-worker, who has a special needs child that requires 24 hour care... had a car accident last week and has been given a 1% chance of living. They removed over half of her brain. I am so sad it makes me cry everytime I think of her. Her and her husband spent their life maintaining the very delicate life of their child. Please pray for her and her family.

11. Sonya emailed this morning and a friend of her's son (8 years old) had an accidental hanging which is much like a near drowning, lack of oxygen to the brain. Sonya was going to visit the child in the hospital and doesn't have a lot of details yet, but wanted to ask us all to pray for this family and boy.

12. I have been a bad good mail girl. I have a stack of postcards for several of you guys that I meant to mail in Florida and it was just so hectic it didn't happen. I feel like a slug. please forgive me and know that as soon as I get unpacked I'm heading out for Fall goodmail. Thank you Haley for the Halloween socks I just got from you! and stickers! They are so cute I think Amanda has already confiscated them from me :o)!

13. I missed you guys while I was gone. I have been going through my bloglines trying to catch up with all of you. I just love my bloggy friends!

22 comments:

Jessica said...

First- LOVE the picture!!!

I am glad you are having a good time despite having a lot to unpack and the bad hair- oh and I'm doubting that the pics of you are that unflattering- you are beautiful!

I can't wait to see the school pic of Izzy.

Oh my- I definitely have additions to my prayer list for your mom's co worker and Sonya's friend & her son. Keep us posted.

Praise and Coffee said...

Yay for number 6!! (And all the others!)

Susan said...

Lots of news in these 13. Thanks for sharing the needs of #10 & 11. Such a great need of pray one for another.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about boring us with pics! I can't wait to see them! I am so glad you had fun.

I will say a prayer for your mom's co-worker and her family. What a sad situation.

A Captured Reflection said...

Can't wait to hear more about the trip. Hope all your unpacking, sorting doesn't frazzle you, I know there can be soooo much to sort out afterwards! Such sad news about those children too.

ann said...

Glad you're all back safe and sound! It sounds like you had a great time.
annb

Dena said...

Welcome home - you were missed love the picture and can't wait for MORE - how horrible and sad about the accident and the boy - I will say a prayer for them.

KC said...

WOW what a list for T13.
My heart is breaking for the boy and his family and for your moms co-worker and her family.
They are in my prayers

Oh poor Izzy falling asleep at school that is really cute though.

Glad to have you back.

Nancy Face said...

Such a cute picture of Emelia and Bailey! :D

Did your hair frizz up in the humidity like mine does? :0

It's wonderful that your mom came and that Izzy had such a happy time! :)

Yay, I'm so glad you got yourself a present! :D

I'm sad about your mom's co-worker and the little son of Sonya's friend. I'm praying for their families.

I missed YOU, and I'm looking forward to those photos! :)

Tricia said...

We missed you too and are so glad that you are back.

Kim said...

Yeah! You are back! It sure sounds like you had a good time on your trip--about your unflattering pictures----have you noticed that I have hardly posted any pictures of me from our vacation? I have posted pics of everyone BUT me for the same reason---I looked terrible. Southern Cal was hot and humid while we were there and my hair does the opposite...it gets flat and limp. Oh well...it is the memories I hold in my heart that mean the most to me from that trip.

Take it easy on the unpacking and give yourself a break-it isn't going anywhere! LoL!

*smiles*
Kim

ps. praying here for the children you mentioned today-how sad and tragic both situations sound.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are home safe & sound. I look forward to seeing your pictures and I'll keep your mom's co-worker in my prayers.

Theresa said...

Welcome back- I am glad you had such a wonderful vacation and treated yourself to something special you can remember the trip by.

700 pictures, does the camera have to be surgically removed from you :) we took 300 on our last vacation and I thought that was a lot.

and yes I will add your mom's coworker and Sonya's friend to my prayers.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Glad you guys had such a great time! Can't wait to see all the pictures. And just so you know, I don't know if there's a woman in the world who can look at a picture of herself and say "wow, don't I look good?". Okay, so there's probably about a million women in HOLLYWOOD that would say that but they're pretty much all crazy anyway so they don't actually count!

I'm so very sorry to hear about the little boy and your mom's co-worker. How very tragic for both cases. Sometimes life just hits you so hard, doesn't it? Well, I guess I don't have to tell you that, do I? You've experienced so much and are still able to love life. I admire that so.
My cousin is in the hospital down in Alabama. The doctors are still saying he's touch and go. I'm having a hard time processing that thought. He's one of those "full of life" kinds of people. But every day he survives brings new hope so I will just say that today was good and pray for tomorrow to be as well.
Kari

Haley said...

Annie!

I think that picture is sooo precious! :-)

Also, I'm glad you liked your goodmail, I saw those socks and thought....Annie needs these! :-)


Glad to hear Izzy enjoyed the trip and was a trooper.

Anonymous said...

Great pic! Praying with you for the little guy and your mom's co-worker.

Joyful Days said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip. Looks like it was wonderful. Photos of the kids are so, so fun to see!!

Prayers for all those needing them.

Always in Him,

Julie

Michelle said...

I'm sure you're glad to be back home in your own bed! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

I will be keeping both of the families you mentioned in my prayers.

Justabeachkat said...

Welcome Home! You were missed! Can't wait to see more photos and to hear all about your trip.

About your list:
l. Yep, since I live in Florida, I know what you mean about humidity and hair problems! Oh, yes ma'am I certainly do.

2. Unpacking and catching up the laundry is always the worst part of a trip.

3. I just bet Matt says the same thing. Time away sometimes perks up marriage :-)

4. I just knew Izzy Bear would do just fine. I'm so glad.

5. I bet your Mom had a wonderful time too. Think of the sweet memories you've given her.

6. Coach souvenirs...oooooohhhhh!

7. Can't wait to see Izzy Bear's school pic.

8. Okay, share the recipe....when you get caught up on the laundry, etc.

9. Unflattering pics of you...never.

10. So sad. I'll pray for her and her family.

11. I'll pray for this family too.

12. Love your sweet heart.

13. We missed you!!!!


Hugs!
Kat

Jenileigh said...

Annie~I'm so glad that you all had a great time. I pray that unpacking and getting things in order will not overwhelm you. I know your kiddos will cherish these memories their lifetime!

#10 Made me cry. I cannot imagine in my human mind how the child will be and who will take care of him/her? I will be in prayer. Lately the Lord is bringing my attention to so many suffering children. #11 breaks my heart also. Thank-you for sharing.

Love you and miss you Annie!

OKGardners said...

We sure missed hearing from you on the BLOG. Welcome home!

I am SO glad your Mom got to go. She IS a fun person to have around, so I know you ALL had a great time.

Your Mom's co-worker came to work after I retired, so I don't know her, but saw an update TODAY that she is breathing on her own and is stable, but in VERY CRITICAL condition with liver damage, broken pelvis, and other massive injuries. She is still in the medically-induced coma. Her Mom & Dad plan to move in with them to care for their grandduaghter and help with their own injured daughter when she comes home.

Oh, so tragic about the 8-yr-old boy. He is added to our prayer list. Is there a first name for him so we can say his name in prayer?

We have made the Florida trip for the past 5 years and I agree - the heat and humidity can STAY in Florida. We nearly died down there in the middle of December! Bad hair is right! Yuck! Who needs THAT every day of your life? Not me! I'll take Oklahoma with our 4 seasons. :-) So glad our son recently moved away from Florida to Atlanta, so no more Christmas trips to FL. (Yippee) Plus, Atlanta is much closer!

You and Matt enjoy getting back together! (How sweet)


Betty

Jill said...

Annie - Glad you are back home safe and sound and that you had such a nice trip. That is so sad about your mother's co-worker..and the 8 yr. old little boy. I will add them to my prayer journal. Take care.