Friday, October 12, 2007

bloggy awards...

I thought Susan wrote such an excellent post on blog awards yesterday. Thank you Susan for articulating my own thoughts too :o)!

I love bloggy awards, it's just like a big hug from a blog friend.

I got a few while I was away and want to acknowledge them.

Thank you Theresa for the "You lift me up" award!Theresa is a new blog friend and I look forward to getting to know her.

Jenileigh, Carrie, and Karen gave me the Mathetes award.
Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) is to make more disciples.
If you don't know these three, they are the cream of the crop. Carrie was one of my very first blog friends and she is a sweetie to the core! Karen writes such encouraging posts and is a wonderful author and friend. Jenileigh's love for God is so evident, I love visiting her.

"We are challenged to find five more people who share the message in their own ways. Winners of this award must pick five other "disciples" to pass it on to. The originator of the award (Dan King of management by God). It's a blessing to see things such as this floating around the blogosphere."

Here are my choices for this award:

Susan-Penless Writer ... I have enjoyed our emails and feel like she is a true mentor in Christianity. I WILL meet her, she lives in Oklahoma too!

Sheryl-Taking the Challenge ... She is a blessing and a prayer warrior, I love her too.

Karen-Karen's Ramblings ... Because you can read God's love and presence in her blog everyday. She is an inspiration.

Marcia-Organising Queen... Her blog may be about organizing, but dig a little deeper and there is a true love for God and her friends.

Jenny-A Coach for Life... she loves God and her blog is a testimony of that love. I love that we have gotten to be friends through blogging.

Julie-Gigi's Little Blog
... my IRL friend who makes it her mission in life to serve God. She has a huge heart and I love her.

This is the part of blog awards I don't like, there are so many more names that come to mind! I'll stop here, but all the blogs I keep up with are disciples... that is why I keep up with them and love to know them.

2 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I'm so glad you received these awards! Have a beautiful day! :D

Dena said...

You deserve every great award you get!