Saturday, September 15, 2007

saturday stuff ~

Well, other than accomplishing absolutely nothing! This day is a nice Saturday, perfect weather! I ran out to check the mailbox a little bit ago and found a couple of nice surprises...

Amanda sent the sweetest believe sign with Psalm 107:20 handwritten on the back "He sent His word and healed them." and "I" for Izzy! It came all wrapped in purple tissue paper, so Amanda! Loved it! Thank you!

Then there was another package from my secret mailer! The theme for August was "all about you"... her card said, "Annie, I did not forget about august's all about me theme - I was looking for something that reminded me of you - that when you wore it would know what joy you bring! Sorry it was late- I hope you enjoy it!" Then I opened the little box to find a beautiful little cross that says believe on it. Trust me - I will enjoy it! It is perfect. Thank you.

You guys I hope my tears of gratitude aren't destroying my laptop!

On another note (I know you guys are getting sick of hearing me brag about my mail!) the girls (Amanda and Emelia) were doing the beauty shop thing this morning. Amanda is helping at a church dinner for the senior citizens called "silver servers" tonight. The theme is the '50's. She is going to be Marilyn Monroe. Mom made her the infamous white dress and we found perfect shoes last night... that with lots of curlers, liquid eye liner, and fake eyelashes... voila ... Marilyn! I plan to take some pics tonight before she leaves! But for now, here are the before pics!
Look what Karen gave me!

Thank you Karen!


You make me smile!
Yes YOU!!!




19 comments:

Momma Roar said...

Oh, I love seeing what you get in the mail! I received something extra special in my inbox mail this morning - your note and new font for my siggy! I love it!

Thanks - look forward to the after pictures!

gail@more than a song said...

Yay for mail! You have some nice things there, that's so sweet.
And I love seeing the beauty shop pics....can NOT wait to see the after shots! That sounds like such fun and what a sweet thing to do for seniors, I bet they'll love it.

Justabeachkat said...

Love the cute photo of the girls "before" and I'm looking forward to seeing the "after" photos.

You really have been getting some good mail lately.

Hugs!
Kat

A Captured Reflection said...

I love your mailbox news! It's fabulous. I only seem to get bills in mine and snails that seem to know not to eat bills but any enjoyable mail. Ha Ha.

Tori :) said...

Oooh! I can't wait to see the Marilyn pics!! What fun!
!!!!!! - just thought I'd add a few more exclamation points!!

Robin Green said...

Thank you Annie. I can hardly wait to see Amanda as Marilyn.

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you got my gift! I really wish I hadn't asked you about it today, tho'! Grrrr!

Anyway, can't wait to see pics of your Amanda!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I can't wait to see the "after" pictures! That sounds like it was a good time - especially for the senior citizens. I'm trying to figure out the timing...if the 50's was a fun time for the people that are seniors now, what's going to be the decade they use when I'M a senior citizen?....I guess it would be either the 80's or, maybe if I stretch it a little, the 90's. Does that mean the kids will be dressing as Boy George or Michael Jackson? eeeeck! I may have to skip my "silver servers dinner". lol

Jenny said...

What great surprises for you in your mailbox these last couple of days! I'm glad you're getting lots of happies. :)
I'm LOL at oh amanda ;)

Nancy Face said...

Amanda and Emelia look so cute in their curlers...I bet they were having fun! I can't wait to see the "after" photos!!! :D

Yay for more mailbox happiness for you...it is truly deserved! :D

Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday Annie!

Long time no visit on my part.. I just love catching up on your blog. (Your life!) Fun to see the girls having fun! Can't wait to see the pictures of Amanda as 'Marilyn'.

Be blessed and know I think of you often!

DJ

workinthatpreppy said...

I would love to make you a bag! My e-mails r bouncing back but getting yours. Let me know colors and monogram and I'll get on it...free! Your music has touched me so I am glad to make it for you!

Susan said...

I love your mail box news. I think it's wonderful to share how blessed we are by others. That's part of God's plan isn't it?

Can't wait to see the pictures!! How fun. We had this type banquet around Valentine's at our church where the youth department served us. It was such a nice, special time. Individual sit down tables for 2 or 4 with linens and all the trimmings. Fun for us adults and a good training for the youth.
Susan

Michelle said...

You sure do get a lot of fun stuff in the mail! Can't wait to see the after pictures!

Haley said...

The pictures are up in back to back posts! Enjoy! :-)

Nancy Face said...

I gave you the You Make Me Smile Award...I know you've already received it from Karen and Sheryl, but you deserve it many times over! :)

Ter said...

Oh how I wish we got mail on Saturdays here! Except pretty much all I get are bills! boo to bills!

Dena said...

So fun! I totally love the mail news! It's fun to see how much cool stuff you get - and the pictures of the girls is awesome!
they are good sports (PS - Amanda is BEAUTIFUL - she looks JUST like YOU!)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

What a fun post! And what a cute idea for a church dinner!