Sunday, August 26, 2007

weekend reflection~


Is it just me or has bloggville been super quiet this week/weekend?
I haven't been on much either, Matt got this new thing called an internet tablet or nokia n800. Have you seen these things? It's like a little portable computer... anyway, Bailey has been turning his dslite into a mini computer by doing something with some kind of card and they have been using my laptop for all their little experiments. I was so busy yesterday I hardly missed it, but today I finally asked to see my laptop for a minute. :o). There are other computers here! I think I did two thousand loads of laundry yesterday. Not really. It just felt like it. Maybe more like 10? Everyone's bedding. Everyone's clothes. UGH.

I mentioned Emelia has started playing softball. I ran down all the supplies required (bat, glove, helmet, face mask, bag, balls) and then yesterday I had to go to 'town' to find a certain pair of nike softball shoes. I found them! Came home, more laundry, picked Emelia up from the Kid's conference. She met the bible man. She said he changed her life. Don't you love kids? We ran to the ball field to meet the coach and give her $$ and the birth certificate and she wasn't there. So we went shopping some more, the rain last week resulted in a green pool. again. I'm so sick of that pool. Seriously.

Our neighbor across the street called to wake us up this morning, she asked if we had looked outside yet this morning. We hadn't. So we did. She got teepeed. She is 71 and on oxygen. She thinks the neighbor kids did it. I just hope it wasn't meant for Amanda (since teenagers usually do it to each other) but Amanda assured me anyone meaning to teepee her would know our vehicles and would not make that mistake. Who teepees a 71 year old? weird.

Church today was great. Me and Iz lasted the entire service without a trip to the cry room. She doesn't cry really, just gets tired of being there so we go sit in the other room so we aren't disruptive. She did great today and looked so cute. Jenna, I put that polka dot bow you sent on her with a hot pink sun dress today. She looked so cute and we thought of you all morning.

So this week was great, every day when I picked up Izzy from school I got good reports. I wrote about some of them here. She is doing really good and loves pre-k. All the kids love school. There have been very minimal complaints. I told ya'll that Amanda made a 100 on her trig test. She is in an act prep class with a goal of making at least a 33 on her act. Go Amanda.

I feel like I have to explain the harpo marx comment. He was playing. But, after I looked at the pic of Harpo, he may be right :o). It's really going to take some getting used to. Thank you all for your sweet comments about it. You are really great friends and so sweet. I'm going to straighten it next, maybe it will look cute like that? Several people asked how hard it is to fix, well... I wash it, comb it, and then put some mousse in it and scrunch it up a little and that's it. Pretty easy. It's just so big. Enough hair talk.

Guess what I did last night when my computer was hijacked, Izzy was asleep, laundry was done and it was too late for anything else? Worked on goodmail! I have a bag by the front door ready to take to the post office tomorrow. I love sending goodmail probably more than getting it. I had so much fun writing notes to my friends.

In the kitchen this week, I stuck with my menu all week! It all worked out great. I love making progressive meals like that. Makes me feel like susie homemaker. Today I wanted something to be ready when we got home from church and had wiped out pretty much all our food (well, not really, but a box of mac and cheese or scalloped potatoes and peas didn't sound great) so I put an onion in the crockpot with butter, sliced a pound of mushrooms, pressed some garlic, threw in a few cans of tomatoes, some spices, some parm cheese and cooked it while we were at church. Came home and cooked some pasta and broccoli, I had pulled a loaf of ww french bread out of the freezer so I sliced it up, melted butter with a couple of cloves of garlic, a dash of italian seasonings, a pinch of crushed red pepper, and a palm of parm. Poured it down each slice and poured the cheese in the bottom across the top. Wrapped it in foil and baked at 350 for 25 min. It was a yummy- meatless meal. Even Bailey ate it. Tonight we'll have grilled cheese and tomato soup after church and then I have no idea. I haven't made my menu yet... Guess that will be a job for late tonight or tomorrow.

I am adding a new part to my weekend reflections. Prayer requests.
Here are some of the people I am praying for now...
  • Izzy's healing.
  • Parker
  • Heather
  • Luke
  • Abbie
  • Kat's travel
  • Marcia's recent loss
  • Jenna's cold and adjustment to school
  • Collin
  • Judi
  • Julie (joyful days), loss of her mother
  • Susan's granddaughter Oksana, and Susan
  • Darla, one of my oldest bffs from way back who is a minister's wife and stranded in a place she is not happy. (sorry Darla, love you too)
Praise reports...
  • Julie's (gigi's little blog) mom's good test results
  • Izzy's great week at school
If you have any prayer requests, please add them in your comments so that I can add them on. I think prayer is so important and a wonderful thing to do for each other.




God's love
great friends
loving family
cool house
clean car
happy kids
sonic ice
big hair
YOU!!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

anne,
i would like to join the good mail thingy that youve mentioned how do i abt to get in are whatever or how does that work?
email me at crochetchick28@yahoo.com to let me know ok
thanks annie! god bless!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

It does seem to be quiet in blogville this weekend!
You sound like you had a busy, yet good week. I really like your new hair and I hope you're getting used to it. I'm sorry your neighbor got teepee'd. I can't figure out who would do that to someone who's 71 unless they think she called the cops on them. Poor lady.
I hope you have a great week ahead. I'll add your prayer requests to my list, although of course Izzy is always there.

justjuls said...

I think the blogosphere has been quite quiet this weekend! I was glad to see somebody on my reader posting!
I enjoy your blog a lot!

Susan said...

As I was reading this post tonight I was thinking "You are one amazing woman!" I am so glad I've met you. Then I get to the end and here you have started a new prayer list and have included me and my granddaughter!!! Thank you and bless you :o)Mickey and I, Marc & Aric are doing great. We only get snipets on Oksana so I do appreciate the prayers going up for her.
Susan

OKGardners said...

Annie, you are so upbeat and funny! I love reading your comments. You make my day. :)

Keep on being SUPER MOM and SUPER FRIEND and all the other titles you have. You are an inspiration to others.

God Bless You, BETTY

Constance said...

Good Sunday evening Annie !

THANK YOU for the recipe !!!!

It has been VERY quite in blogland this weekend, you are right !

That was weird that the kids teepeed a 71 year old's house...

Cyber-hugs to you, busy Mom !

Loving Annie

KC said...

sounds like a good weekend, busy but good. Our softball has just ended for a while for Princess.
I'm glad you got to sit though the whole service today at church. I didn't get to go today, Little Man is sick so I was home with him.
Sounds like you got alot done with your mail..

Julie said...

mmmm...what a wonderful post. I, too, am thankful for big hair.

Nancy Face said...

Wow, you were one busy woman and got so much accomplished! I'm sad for your neighbor getting teepeed...it was probably intended for someone else. I hope someone cleaned it up for her!

Mandalyn said...

Annie~Glad you had a good week and glad to hear that you finally got your computer back!:)

BTW, I'm with you on the big hair thing! I have some serious natural curly big hair!!:)

gail@more than a song said...

I think it's been WAY quiet in bloggyville for almost 2 weeks! I guess everyone is getting back in a school routine. I love your weekend sign, very Vegas!
Easy to do hair is wonderful, go with it. I LOVE your Sunday recipe/meal, sounds yummy! And I love meatless too.

Jenny said...

Isn't it funny the cycles we go in in blogville? I'm glad it's been quiet, 'cause that means I haven't missed anything--I've been too busy here with school! :) I don't want to be left out! (I'm gonna sooner or later, so I better get ready for it, huh?!)
Which Julie's mom would that be on your prayer request list?

Tori :) said...

I love your weekend reflections!! I think I say that every weekend...

Poor 71 year old! Why would someone do that??

I loved softball when I played. I hope Emelia has a great season!

HAve a great week.

Marcia Francois said...

I think it's quiet in this corner of the blogosphere - my google reader is as full as it normally is and I usually clear it every day. BUT my "friends" folder only had a post from you and Suzanne ;)

Okay, what is teepee? I gather that it's some sort of practical joke but what???

I still love your hair and btw, I want to know why YOU hate it!

Thanks for praying!!!!

Organising Queen,
Clutter Control Freak and
Marcia's take charge blog

Anonymous said...

You really are amazing! I'm not sure if it was intentional or just loss of memory but you need to add me to your prayer list. Love you!
Darla

Michelle said...

great reflection to your week! That is sad someone TP'd an elderly lady's house! Who cleaned it up for her? Does she live alone? Glad to hear Izzy had a great day in church too!

Susanne said...

I've been having a hard time getting in the swing of things since holidays. Maybe others are too and that's why it seemed quiet?

That's great that all your kids love school and way to go to Amanda for the great trig mark. That's quite an accomplishment.

Dena said...

Your weekend reflections are awesome!!! Yummy lunch and good quick thinking - I so can't wait to see pictures of emilia playing ball!

Anonymous said...

ANnie, you are such a sweet soul and I just love ya. :o)

It has been quiet in bloggy land. I'm guessing everyone is shifting gears with summer being over. As for me, I just am having a tough time keeping up with life, in general, LOL.