Sunday, August 5, 2007

week in review...

family~

I cannot hardly believe school starts in just one week. I am a little excited about a new year. I love fresh starts, new experiences and new chapters. It means endless possibilities! Izzy will go to the pre-k afternoon class to begin with and be pulled out for other activities. I look forward to this year for Izzy. I think having her in afternoon classes will be wonderful for the two of us! Amanda will begin her junior year in high school. Unbelievable that I have a child that old. I still feel so young myself. She is enrolled in a lot of challenging classes this fall such as trigonometry and chemistry. It should be a good challenging year for her. Bailey will be an eighth grader. I loved eighth and ninth grades probably the most of any other year in school. Bailey is considering playing basketball this year. I love when the kids play basketball! Emelia is also planning to play basketball. She is so much fun to watch, she is very tall and a good player! She always enjoys the school year.

We are steadily feeling more and more at home in the church we are visiting. The people are friendly, the message is full of faith, and it just feels right. I'm so happy we are at this point and I just thank God for getting us here.

Matt's mom, aunt, sister and her friend Clay came down for the weekend to celebrate birthdays. Jane Ann brought me a cross she purchases while in Ireland recently touring the Waterford company. It is really pretty, although I think it will live in the box it came in for a while at least. Matt's aunt gave me a gift certificate for bath & body! We all ate Mexican food at a favorite local place and then went shopping for the kid's school shoes. It's tax free weekend here. We found shoes for everyone but Bailey, but I did get his ordered online so they'll make it in time for school. I also ran in bath and body and used my gift certificate on some yummy lotion and sprays for me & Izzy. I also got a bunch of the hand soaps! I love lavender and eucalyptus fragrances. They smell wonderful and clean.

Later Saturday evening after our company all left, Julie... her hubby... and her baby W all came over to visit. They were here from Texas visiting her parents. Julie and I had a really good time visiting and we all laughed too much! Baby W is adorable...After we ran out to get gyros (to go) we came back and highlighted and cut Julie's hair...
I think we finished after 11 p.m. ...

Izzy didn't want to sleep last night for some reason. She woke up at 3 a.m. and was pretty much up from that point on. I sat in the 'cry room' with her in church this morning and it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. I think I may have even dozed off for a bit during a prayer (or two). We had Subway for lunch and watched Bridge to Terebithia. It was a sad, but good movie. I'm hoping for a nap before evening church services!

kitchen~

If you haven't made tortilla soup, you should. I made it last week and it was so good! You remember the week a while back that I let each kid pick the evening meal? Well, Emelia chose Tortilla soup and then we ended up going to a birthday party that evening so we didn't ever have it and she never forgot. She pestered reminded me constantly! I'm glad she did, it was a treat. Great avocados helped it to be a perfect meal. There are a few recipes I hope to try this week, maybe Carrie's meatballs she posted recently and Barb's spinach pasta again (it was wonderful and easy too) ... also the 40 garlic clove chicken. My next task for the afternoon is my menu for mpm! I made the breakfast casserole for company this weekend and used sausage (link) and bacon. It was really good! I love how versatile it is and it is always a crowd pleaser. Clay (Jane Ann's friend) said it was the best breakfast casserole he had ever had.

blogville~

Secret mailers has been fun. I just love my notepads I showed ya'll from July's gift. I smile every time I walk by it. It's that neat! I am on the look out for my August gift, the theme for August is "all about you" I'm thinking another trip to bath & body is likely unless I come up with something more creative. Tori sent me the sweetest card and recipe. I won a few of the bloggy contests that just ended and I got two gifts yesterday in the mail, a book and photo nature cards with a blue swirly which is for babies to carry around. Pretty cute stuff! All this good mail is really spoiling me! It's just fun to get the mail these days. My dear friend Mendy sent me a willow angel that is called "blessing of friendship" Isn't she pretty? Marcia, my organizing bloggy friend is having her birthday tomorrow! Happy Birthday Marcia! It seems quiet around blogville lately. Maybe everyone is just busy doing fun Summer things, or getting ready for school to begin. I was thinking about the next time travel tuesday... I think we'll travel back to a birth experience. I know not everyone has children or a child, but many do. I hope the stories don't scare first time mom's to be like Haley. My experiences were all pretty different so I'm not sure which I'll write about, or maybe all of them...

this week's blessings~
The church we are visiting. It is a blessing.
The kids. I am amazed at how unique each child is and love them for their own special traits.
My friends. I have the best friends a girl could dream of.
My bloggy neighborhood. You all make my days bright and I just love you.
Quiet Sunday afternoons. Especially after sleepless Saturday nights.
Birthday celebrations that go on and on. Why just have a day, when you can celebrate all week long?
God. His love is awesome and He continues to light my path in such a perfect way.
You. Because you took time to read about my little existence in nowhere, OK. Many people that don't blog (and some who do) say they can't imagine blogging because there isn't much going on in their lives. That's just not true. The mundane can be the most enjoyable to write and to read as well.


I hope you have many many blessings this week!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! I am new to blogging and trying to meet my neighbors! I am from Oklahoma too, Madill. Grew up there but I have lived in Texas over 20 years! Stop by and see me. Where in OK are you?

Justabeachkat said...

And I'm thankful for you sweet friend. When I think of my blessings, you're one of them.

Hugs!
Kat

Jen said...

What a sweet post today...I so enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have found a church that you are comfy with. I hope you contiue to enjoy it!

We're a tax free weekend this weekend, too. I refused to go out in the crowds, though, LOL. It's a madhouse, I tell ya! I would rather just pay the tax and stroll through the quiet mall.

Have a good evening. I gotta go pick the girls up here shortly.

KC said...

I'm thankful that God brought me to your blog. :)
What a fun weekend it sounds like you had, well except for being up all night, that is never too much fun.
I like your willow tree angel, it looks alot like the only one I have. here is the link to the blog post that i have my willow tree angel in.

http://mindlesschatterofabusymom.blogspot.com/2006/12/christmas-past-9.html

Friday night I was at a rest stop/resurant/gas station LOL yes it was all three. While there I thought of you and had to pull out my camera phone and a take a picture for you.. once I get some time I'll share with you the picture that made me think about you. :)

A Captured Reflection said...

I love what you said about all the new things, the 'endless possiblities', I was just saying - yes, I can sense that for you and it's pretty exciting. Like a cool refreshing shower on a hot day, or standing watching a waterfall and getting gently doused in the fresh spray. I do believe there are new things ahead, and I pray that there is a real release of all that God has for you and your family. Have an awesome and blessed week. I have a week package which I plan to send later this week - it will be a little late for your birthday, but it will surely come!

Wow, back to School. Time has run! We are in Week 4 now of Term 3 (4 Terms a year). Spring begins in New Zealand on 1st September, so we're all looking forward to that.

Tori :) said...

Oooh, I LOVE Willowtree statues (is that the right word??) I only have a couple, but told Sei that there's an easy gift to give me for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas...
I can't believe it's almost time for school either. Summer seems to have gone so fast!
I'm glad you're feeling good about your new church. It always helps when people are friendly- in any situation.
I hope you can get some rest!! :(

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet Annie,
Just wanted to check in on you and Izzy. What a sweet post. I am glad to see things are going well
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

What a blessed, busy week! And I love the picture of Izzy and Baby W...adorable!
One of my irl bf gave me a total of three Willow tree angels (two are "sisters of the heart")...and I treasure them.
And, I am thankful for you!

Mandalyn said...

I love the pic of you, Izzy and baby!! I'm glad your weekend has been fun! Girl, you just do everybody's hair, don't you!?! You're a good friend to do that!

palmtreefanatic said...

You are such a Blessing and inspiration to us all!
Glad you had a nice time with your friend!

Anonymous said...

So true! I love your reviews. You are b-l-e-s-s-e-d!

Constance said...

Blessings to you, the kids nd your busy life, dear Annie !

Have a great week ahead, the coming of a new school year is always interesting!

Klin said...

Since I've been feeling yucky and missed going to church today, I am so glad I read your blog. It has made me feel loved and grateful. Thank you.

Marcia Francois said...

Hello!!!

And thanks for the bday wishes.

I am exactly like you with new year things - [possibilities!!! Our school year starts in Jan and ends in Dec though with 3 holidays in between - April (or around Easter), June - July and Sept. And then the main one in Dec - Jan (6 weeks).

I'm sure you had a lovely sleep last night, didn't you?

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Sounds like you had a great week! I need to check out that tortilla soup. Thanks for the heads up.
I can't believe your kids start school in a week!! We at least have 3 weeks left. We did shoes yesterday too, but I still need one more pair of tennis shoes for the Little Man. I hope your week ahead is happy and blessed! Thanks for the new siggys too. They are at their new homes on my blogs :)

Susan said...

Oh Annie, our lives are anything but mundane because The LORD is in the middle of every moment. What an awesome thing is that? I love visiting your blog because you exemplify HIM.
((hugs))
Susan

Anonymous said...

I thank you too..for inspiring so many people..me included.

hope to hear school stories about your kids soon.

Hugs, ZAM

Jenny said...

I love your review.
First, Bailey is my son's age. We haven't even discussed that! I'm looking forward to 8th grade.
Second, is that the Julie with about 7 kids?
Third, I love b'day celebrations that last for a week, too!! I'm with you: why celebrate for only 1 day??!!
Fourth, I'm so glad you're at home in the new church--blessings for sure!
Fifth, basketball?! Yippee!! :)
Have a good Monday, friend!

Dena said...

I LOVE your weekly wrap ups - and I am soosoo devastated you don't live closer - I wouldn't have been nervous a bit having you do my hair - it always turns out so beautiful - I can't believe school will start soon and you look WAY to young to have a junior in high school! May your children be blessed with your good genes! and have sense enough to know what a blessing it is!

gail@more than a song said...

I've been hearing that other states had a tax free weekend but they don't do that here.

-atomik kitten said...

I loved chemistry. I hope your daughter loves it, too.

Karen Hossink said...

No, kidding? School starts for you in one week? I guess you in the south do it different than we do up north. Our school year runs from the beginning of Sept. to the beginning of June. Anyway, sounds like it will be a good year for all. Enjoy!