Thursday, August 16, 2007

it's thursday~

Whew, this has been a crazy week. I am looking forward to being back in the 'school' routine and it not being such a big deal every day!!! Izzy is enjoying school this week. Her teachers told me yesterday that when she is in the pre-k class for circle time the kids just love her and want her to stay. They all colored pictures for her. She is pretty magnetic, people are always drawn to her. Anyway, other than being cranky on Tuesday for a bit, she is enjoying school.

Yesterday after I took Izzy to school my friend Melody came over for her "hair do"...
This is the end result. I added some dark pieces in this time because, well it's almost Fall and also last time it looked pretty blond! I also put some more blonde in the back this time. I think she looks very pretty!


I came home from picking Izzy and Amanda up from school and sat down for just a minute before starting the PW chicken sandwiches for dinner and fell sound asleep for like forty minutes! I woke up and couldn't believe it! Fortunately those sandwiches are quick to make. They were yummy again. Instead of pounding the chicken this time I just sliced the breast in half to make them thinner and I think I liked it better that way.

I posted a recipe today over on my food blog for slow cooker thursday. I haven't posted one in a while for SCT and felt bad... I guess with the warmer weather I haven't been using the crock pot much, but I bought a mag at the store the other day and they had several that sounded worthy of trying. I have not yet tried this one, but I plan to try it next week. It does sound yummy!

The kids are all enjoying school so far. Amanda says trig is hard already. Emelia says they don't do work yet... and Bailey is just sleepy. He was a night owl before school started so it's been hard for him to acclimate to the new schedule.

Sweet Lauren gave me the nice matters award yesterday. She is adorable and I really enjoy blogging with her and her mom Nancy Face :o). Thanks Lauren!

I have so many things calling my name this morning... I have two hours before taking Izzy to school and she is headed for the bath and then lunch, pool maintenance, clean up kitchen, laundry. Busy morning, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

HI!!!!

24 comments:

Corrie said...

Sounds like my day, too! I have a lot waiting for me. So funny that you fell asleep...you must have needed that little cat nap! Your friend's hair looks cute!
Have a great day, Annie!

Anonymous said...

Busy morning indeed!! Hope you get a small break in there! Those sandwiches are yummy! I'm gonna have to slice the chicken in half and try it that way too!

Have a fantastic Thursday!!
♥ Jodi
my new blog home is over --> here

Susanne said...

Love the darker streaks in your friends hair.

We don't have to face back to school until after the long weekend in September. I'll have 2 high schoolers. I can't believe it.

How neat that Izzy is so loved at her school. Must make your mama's heart feel so good.

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful that Izzy is enjoying her class and making friends!
Hats off to Amanda for tackling trig...she must be one smart girl!
The 'do' is pretty...love the colors.
So glad you got your nap...I'm sure you needed it.
Have a blessed day :)

Nancy Face said...

That is just so happy that the kids love Izzy and colored pictures for her! :o)

You made your beautiful friend Melody look absolutely stunning!

I feel for Amanda...Trig almost did me in back in high school, haha! It's funny that Bailey is just sleepy...and Emelia is the lucky one with no work yet!

Thank you for the sweet words for Lauren and me! :o)

Jenny said...

Love the hair! You do such a good job!! :)
I'm so glad all of Izzy's classmates love her and want to include her in everything! One day soon, they'll be glad they did. She'll be up and running with the fastest of 'em!
The start of school seems to be the busiest time. Hope you catch up with everything! :)
Much love to YOU!

Tori :) said...

Busy busy busy!!
If I'm in Oklahoma can you do my hair??

Robin Green said...

Hope you have made quite the dent in your "to do" list by now. Ditto to everything the other commenters have said about Melody and Izzy, and Amanda's Trig. We are adjusting to being a school family around here--the kids are doing a little better than I am, I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

Annie, I absolutely love it! I think you look awesome!!

Shawna said...

I'm so glad for Izzy! School days haven't afffected yet with Scamp only being barely two. Hope the year goes well for all your kids. And what a great look for your friend!! Very nice!

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Melody looks like she's lost weight.

Who does Amanda have for trig? I am VERY good at math and algebra came very easy to me. Trig. Yeah. That was DEFINTITELY the first difficult class I had. I had Debbie.

Anyway...it's good to be back. I couldn't stay gone long. I wondered what you were writing about.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I'm tired just reading your post! Have a wonderful day and HI back ch'ya :) Your friends hair looks really cute. Great job!

Haley said...

Wow, you are busy today! Hope you were able to get everything done! :-)

Haley

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...you go girl! Lots going on, but as you usually do, you always find time to help others. Melody's hair looks wonderful. Wish you lived closer...I'd love for you to help with my hair. It's wonderful Izzy Bear is having a good experience at school.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, thanks for the tip on the PW Chicken Sandwiches. I have that recipe saved but haven't made them due to the pounding, LOL. I'll try it your way when I make them. Have a good day!

A Captured Reflection said...

Wow, I need to come over and get my hair done. She looks stunning, awesome. How do you fit everything in to your day? You amaze and inspire me. I was praying for you and Izzy last night, felt prompted to do so. I wanted to ask - what is a standard day like for Izzy in terms of activities and are there any specific areas you would like me to pray for Izzy for, Bible verses to come in agreement with etc? It just felt so strong as I prayed last night that I get specific and target prayer for her.

Karen said...

You inspire me, too, Annie, with all you accomplish and still have time for doing something special for a friend! Glad Izzy is having fun with school.

Enjoy your day!

Barb said...

HI!!! LOL

It doesn't surprise me one bit that you'd sit down and immediately fall asleep for forty minutes. There's no way I'd be able to even follow you around without dropping in my tracks, you're always so busy. It's hard to believe I actually used to have all that energy too.

Sounds like everyone's settling down for the new school year. This was always such an exciting time around our house. Amazing. My daughter is a teacher now and yesterday was the first day of school for her, too, but in a totally different way. :-)

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Love her hair color!

gail@more than a song said...

Your friend's hair looks amazing! You do so good Annie, did you cut it too?
You must have needed the nap.
Good tip on the sandwiches, for some reason I seem to avoid recipes that say pound out something!
Hope Izzy's school year is good.

Michelle said...

glad to hear Izzy is enjoying school and that the kids are enjoying her!

Hey, want to come over and give me a hair make-over?! I could use a new look! :)

Karen said...

Grabbed your supper idea -- PW's chicken sandwiches. They were a hit! Thanks for your help:)

Heidi said...

I didn't know you do hair. It looks AWESOME. I love looking at hair :)

Alice said...

You're right! Your friend looks gorgeous! Great job there, Annie. :D