Sunday, July 29, 2007

weekend reflection










family~
  • It's been birthday central around our house this week! Izzy turned 5 on Thursday, I posted pics of her birthday here.
  • Bailey & Emelia have been spending the week riding bikes and skateboards. They are enjoying the summer ... and swimming...
  • the stupid pool has had issues all Summer, from all the rain. I took the water to be analyzed and they told me to sit down. It's a pain to deal with considering everything, but we made the choice to not 'blame' the pool. We had a fence put around it and now the kids swim daily. Anyway, it is back to normal and was ready for Amanda and her friends to take a late night swim after our outing.
  • Amanda's birthday was Saturday! Matt & I took her and her friends to see "Hairspray" and then to eat at Olive Garden. It was a fun outing for all of us! The movie was so fun and the food was great too. Here are some pics ... I'll try to post more tomorrow when I have time to sort through them all...
Amanda's hair (I fixed it for her birthday outing)

Amanda blowing out her candles!
food~
  • I tried two new recipes this week... the first one was cheesy chicken empanadas and I learned that refrigerated pie crust is not the same as frozen... I made a batch that was disastrous and then used little pillsbury biscuits rolled out thin for the rest which were wonderful.
  • Barb posted the other recipe for a chicken spinach pasta, it was a hit! We had it a couple of times this weekend because it made a ton!!!
bloggville
  • I've been up to my ears in siggies. It's fun though and I just hope everyone is happy with what they get.
  • My buddy Judi send birthday presents for me, amanda, and izzy! She sent the cutest bookmark (I am going to take a pic, I just wanted to get this written but it looks like a necklace almost, beaded on both ends) and Izzy a little angel that says her name, and Amanda a cute notebook with an "A" on it. So sweet, thanks Judi!
  • I also got a goodmail postcard all the way from Arizona. Thanks Lauren!
  • I got good mail! Kayelyn sent me a sweet pack of birthday goodness! I love goodmail!
  • I won some things... something knitted and something cellophanish... I'll post pics and links when I get them.
  • Got some fun awards from Kim & K.C.!
  • Happy birthday Jenny (on Tuesday)!!!!
  • I feel like I'm forgetting something, but I have to wrap this post up to get ready for church... oh church... I'll post about that later.
blessings~
  • finding a new church home!
  • birthday girls.
  • Matt
  • sunshine
  • fun mail
  • God's love
  • good friends
  • YOU!
Thanks Judi for hosting WR, love wrapping up the week this way!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you are busy.. I am glad you had a good week.

A Captured Reflection said...

I saw you were over at Michelle's "Big Blueberry Eyes", her birthday is August 1st. Let's bless her with lots of love and greetings. I must get your address if that is OK with you, I want to send a wee package over to you...will be a bit late for your birthday as I will be away later this week, but the wishes will be the same!

Denise said...

Hi Annie! I think you had a wonderful week with lots of birthdays. I got a birthday good mail from Kayelyn too! I LOVED it. When is your birthday? Mine is August 11. Great list of blessings there. Hope you have a fabulous coming week! :) HUGS, Denise

Jodi said...

Busy week for you! Thanks again for the siggy!! ♥ We had Olive Gardent this weekend too! I want to go see Hairspray, but noone wants to go see it with me.

Have a great week Annie!!
♥ Jodi

Anonymous said...

What a busy week! I want to go see Hairspray. I am glad to know it was good. Happy Birthday to Amanda, Izzy, and you!

Susan said...

Amanda looks beautiful! What a busy week for you and yours. All sounds wonderful.

I am so happy about the new church and the peace God has given you :o)
Susan

Nancy Face said...

Yay for Amanda's birthday...she looks gorgeous in her pictures! Yay for Hairspray...it's so cute, isn't it? And Olive Garden...yum yum! I'm glad you had such a good week! :)

Nancy Face said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Happy Birthday, to you and your girls! I agree, Hairspray was a great movie.

Have a good week:)

Jenny said...

Wow busy week! I just wanted to drop by and let you know that someone from our local homeschool group posted info about near drownings and linked to Izzy's blog. I knew that you would be happy that the info was put out there so other's would know!

Have a good week!!

gail@more than a song said...

Fun birthday week! I SO want to go see Hairspray.
The pasta is good enough to fix again, love winners like that.

And Jenny has a birthday! I'm glad to know that!

Dena said...

Wow - what a fun filled packed weekend!!! You are on busy lady! Everyone looks so happy! Happy Birthday Gals!

Debi said...

Wow...what a fun, busy, happy week! Loved the pictures from the girls birthdays! Sure looked like they had fun.

Hope this week is just as wonderful and full of joy!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Hairspray. Gotta wait til it's on DVD since Levi's too young for Libby to watch.

Glad Amanda had a nice birrthday!

Tori :) said...

YAY for a wonderful week!!

Anonymous said...

It has been awhile since I have visited your blog. I will be back to see all of the interesting things happening in your life. I have tagged on my meme.

Anonymous said...

It has been awhile since I have visited your blog. I will be back to see all of the interesting things happening in your life. I have tagged on my meme.

Anonymous said...

It has been awhile since I have visited your blog. I will be back to see all of the interesting things happening in your life. I have tagged on my meme.

Anonymous said...

What a busy, blessed week! Amanda looks beautiful and you did such a great job on her hair!

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I haven't commented on your last few posts. I guess I feel like I talk to you all the time on igoogle! ;) Just wanted you to know I'm reading!!

Michelle said...

congrats on the wins - can't wait to see the pics of what you got!

great weekend recap!