Friday, July 27, 2007

friday feast

appetizer ~ describe a toy you remember from your childhood.
sit & spin! My bff Alicia had one of these babies and could I spin fast on it. Put us both on it and we would spin until we fell over. Fun times. I bought one for Amanda when she was little and somehow she wasn't as impressed as I was. It was hard to find too... I guess the toys are just different now.OH! and my friend Mandy doll that I learned to french braid on...

soup ~ on a scale of 1-10, how observant are you?
2 or 10... depends what I'm observing. I can remember what I wore 20 years ago and yet can't remember the drive I took when I arrive. Depends where my mind is at the time, but I wouldn't say being observant is one of my strengths.

salad ~ where would you rather be at this very moment?
Asleep. It's 11:36. Izzy is awake. Probably too much cake & ice cream... or too much partying :o). I would rather be asleep and pray she goes to sleep very very soon.

main course ~ when was the last time you learned something new?
Today. Everyday. I am amazed at all the new things I learn. Like today for instance, when a new recipe called for refrigerated pie crust for these cheesy chicken empanadas and I used the frozen variety and it turned to mush. So, I used refrigerated and it worked. Lesson learned, frozen pie crust doesn't work for empanadas!

desert ~ I have brothers, but I haven't any sisters.

25 comments:

Alison said...

Great feast! I loved my sit and spin too. My dad found one for my children to share and neither were as impressed with it as I remember being. It's funny how toys change! Happy Friday!

Juzahlyn said...

hehehe yes don't we all need to sleep now? hehehe great feast

Anonymous said...

Fun feast!
Just wanted to stop by and say "thanks" for entering my drawing.
What a fun week, huh?

Anonymous said...

Sit and spins seemed to be kind of in between my childhood and my children's. I remember seeing them around, but we never had one. My soup is similar to yours.

BTW, how do you get those cute hearts in your comments?

JHS said...

Hi Annie:

And you even put a picture of your Mandy doll in your post! I'm impressed!! :-)

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you hit that pillow soon.

Alice said...

I love all the illustrations that you have with your lovely feast. Happy weekend!

Eleisia said...

Enjoyed your feast and all the illustrations with your answers.

Your main course, how true! We learn from experimenting and from our mistakes!

Anonymous said...

I love your main course. You sound like a positive person and it's infectious :)

Happy feasting! Mine's up now :)

P.S. I love the design of your blog and the positive feel of it.

BeccA's Buzz said...

How could I have possibly forgotten about the sit and spin???? Probably because I didn't have one, but I loved going to other people's houses because they had the cool toys like sit and spins! Great feast! There's a seat open at my table...come and get it!

Jodi said...

Great feast! I had a sit-n-spin and loved it.

Have a great Friday Annie!
♥ Jodi

Hootin Anni said...

EXCELLENT feast!! I love the photos/graphics along with the menu too!!

Happy dining.

Marcy said...

Toy blasts from the past! I remember the Sit and Spin. I can visualize the commercial in my mind.

Your visuals are wonderful.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my FF. Have a nice weekend.:)

Susanna said...

Never heard of a sit and spin before. Happy belated birthday to Izzy BTW. Praise God for the blessing of her life and for all His help in your struggles in the past 3 years.Have a great weekend.

Erin said...

I love that you put pictures with your feast. Makes it very interesting : ) I'm like you, I often don't remember how I got where I am, but I remember the little details that others don't see.

Happy Friday!

ann said...

Great feast! One year I found "Sit 'n Spins" at Target and got one for each of the grandkids for Christmas. They loved them! I love the pic of you with Jody and Mike!

Lady of Musotopia said...

LOL - I love that picture of Donald Duck. Absolutely classic :)
Great feast overall - such thoughtful answers!
Thanks for sharing your feast as well as dropping by mine - I hope you have a great weekend :)

Anonymous said...

I love those frozen pie crusts!! Happy Birthday Izzy!!

Sandee said...

There certainly are lots of sleepy folks doing FF today. Have a great FF and weekend and get some ZZZZZZZZ's. :)

Misty DawnS said...

I loved your soup!!! I'm exactly the same way!

Nancy Face said...

I've never heard of a Sit & Spin, but it sure looks like fun! :)

I don't have any sisters either, just 3 great brothers...one of them lives in Heaven with Jesus now.

Kim said...

Great feast. I always wanted a sit n spin. Loved those.

Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle said...

I used to have a My Jenny Doll! I kept it for years and years too :)

Tori :) said...

Sit and Spins were awesome!!
I always wished for an older brother, but my parents got 3 girls in a row before the boy. :)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I don't have any sisters either! Good thing I love my sister in law!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Yuck! Sit 'n Spin! I am so not one for dizzy stuff, LOL ... even as a kid!