Wednesday, July 4, 2007

day twenty-five ~ diet devo


"Commit your work to the Lord, and then your plans will succeed."
Proverbs 16:3 NLT

A woman I knew carried a pocket New Testament with her wherever she went.
Often I would see her pull it out of her purse and begin reading.
One day I asked her why she seemed so intent on her reading whenever I saw her.
She said, "I read it whenever I get hungry.I'm trying to control my weight, so whenever I feel a physical hunger, I feed myself spiritually instead. It takes my mind off my hunger and puts it where it should be - on the Lord."
What a wonderful lesson.
If we will find new ways to include God in our diet,
He will turn our thoughts where they need to be.

Today's thought:
There are ways to be fed (spiritually) without getting fat!



8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea. I love that. Thanks for sharing, Annie. I'm an Anne actually, and have been known as Annie many times :-)

Must say I also love the firework display below. How did you ever get that on there? I'm impressed!

Justabeachkat said...

This is another great idea! Love these devotionals.

Hugs!
Kat

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

You know, I was cleaning up some stuff the other day and trying to organize some things. One thing was an old bible. But for some reason, it just ended up on my kitchen counter and there it sits. I haven't put it anywhere. Maybe it's a sign that when I get hungry (for munchies) I need to open that bible and not the fridge. Maybe I'll leave it on the kitchen counter. Thanks todays Devo :)

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! It can be used for anything! How about when you don't want to watch tv? or start arguing? or want to be lazy? Thanks for sharing!

gail@more than a song said...

Ooh that's a good one!

Dena said...

that's awesome - i might do that now since I am STARVING and at work with NO food!

Janis Rodgers said...

Thanks for this wonderful tip! I have over 100 pounds to lose and am really trying to find ways to make this work. I am going to go back and read your other devotionals now. Thanks for sharing! Blessings to you and yours!

Rachel said...

What an awesome thought...I think that I will try to apply that to my life. It certainly will stop me from griping about how I don't do devotions enough! Thank you