Friday, June 29, 2007

diet devo ~ day twenty!

"For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

Talk to Jesus. Seriously, He is waiting to listen to you and help you in your struggle to lose weight. Sometimes we wrestle with the urge to cheat on our diets until we are emotional wrecks. This happens most often when we are alone, with no one to talk to. Don't forget, Christ is always with you, and He is as close as prayer. Tell Him how difficult it is. Let Him know your struggle, and He will indeed comfort you. There is never a time in our lives when Jesus is not interested in everything that is happening to us. Call upon Him.

Today's thought: Jesus is as close as a prayer.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

This one touched me today! Thanks! Have a great weekend Annie!

Be blessed!
♥ Jodi

Tori :) said...

Isn't that awesome? He is just waiting for us to come to him. Just like our earthly father. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Amen. I am so glad!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Why would I find that difficult to remember? He is always there me in everything I do. Why would this be any different? Thanks so much for the reminder. These devo's are really a blessing. Thanks so much for sharing them.

Dena said...

AMEN! I am sure sometimes he would like a break from me! Cause I do like to chatter and I do hate the quiet!!!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

That's funny what Dena said cause I often think "I know God is tired of hearing from me today" EVEN THOUGH I know that HE LOVES to hear from me and I probably don't talk to him enough!! Loved your post, love your blog, happened upon it through justabeachkat!
Have a blessed weekend.

Anonymous said...

Annie...

I love this post! It fits not only in the diet world but in everything!

I think back to so many times in this last several months that Jesus is as close as a wisper to me. Oh am I ever thankful for that!
The best part is that He wants to know what is on my mind! (and on your too!) What a great look at our ability to just 'talk' to the Lord anytime, anywhere!