Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's SCT ~ Herb roasted chicken with veggies

So, I bought one of these...


because the one I had like this got left in Dallas last weekend...
and I use it twice a day to make Izzy's protein shakes.

Well, this morning the new one started smoking, so I had to go to Target and buy this...
(notice I said I had to go to Target...) so, let's hope the new one lasts more than two days.


I actually bought another one at Walmart late Sunday night because Target was closed and it died the first time I used it.

I sure hope this new Kitchen Aid Immersion blender does the job! If not I'm ordering another like the one in Dallas so I have a spare. (Matt hates it because it is loud...)


It's Thursday, Sandra is the host of slow cooker thursday. There are lots of delicious recipes for the crock pot to be had and they sure do save time. I love to have dinner cooking while I am busy with my day. And having the house filled with the smell of dinner is also a plus.

Herb roasted chicken w/veggies...

chicken (I use frozen breasts or tenders)
quarters or baby potatoes
1 sweet onion sliced or chopped
bag of baby carrots
butter
rosemary
kosher salt


Place ingredients in crockpot, put pats of butter on top, sprinkle with rosemary and kosher salt. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low 8. Yummy and smells so good.


The physical therapist put Izzy on the tricycle today. She helped push the pedals and they said she enjoyed riding. They took pictures and when (if) they email them to me I'll post them.

17 comments:

Betsy said...

I will have to try this one!

Anonymous said...

This looks wonderful--have a wonderful Thursday!

Anonymous said...

This looks good...


I think my crockis a 5qt. HTH

gail@more than a song said...

Oh that's just horrible that you HAD to go to Target! Wish I lived closer to one because I would HAVE to go all the time!
A kitchenaid one should work really good I think.

Sue G. said...

This sounds so good!! Speaking of which, we had your BBQ chicken from last week's entry and it was so delicious...it's definitely a keeper in my book!!

We also will continue to hold you and your family in prayers as you pass through this day. It takes a lot of courage to open your heart when it hurts so bad. You are loved and never alone in this journey. I'm looking forward to those biker-babe pictures. LOL

Anonymous said...

I have the one you bought (the very top picture). Just used it last night to make peach milkshakes. I thought mine was gonna start smokin', too! I had to leave the icecream out a little longer to soften before pressing forward. I do love it when making guacamole. :o) Hope the new one works better! Yeah, you need something reliable since you have to use it so often. Plus, any excuse to go to Target is a good one to me, LOL.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh my, be still my beating heart! I love Kitchenaid products and I have a serious collection of red products by them going. But I don't have that immersion blender. I have one my sister Gail gave me that works good, so I haven't splurged and upgraded to my favorite products in red. I bet it will work great and last a long time. I've always been happy with their products.

The recipe sounds delish! I do something similar with chicken, potatoes, carrots and broccoli added last, but it has cream of x soup, so this sounds healthier and lighter. Do you serve it with rice, pasta, potatoes??? I love doing stuff like this because you've already covered your meat and veggies :) Thanks for sharing the recipe Annie!

Michelle said...

this sounds like such a great dinner to have - and I bet the house smells great while it's cooking!

Renee said...

This sounds great! Thanks for sharing.

Hyperactive Lu said...

Oooh! Yummy! Can't wait to try!

Sandra said...

Oooohhh yummy, sounds wonderful Annie :)

Hugs,
♥Sandra

Mandalyn said...

I would love to see the pictures of Izzy on the tricycle. I bet she loved riding it!

I know you just hated that you had to make a trip to Target!:) LOL!

I love Target also!

Kim said...

GO IZZY! It sounds like she has really good therapists working with her.

The chicken sounds very yummy; I'll have to try it!

A Captured Reflection said...

I love your blog. Thanks for visiting mine. I came to yours by way of Michelle's Big Blueberry Eyes. I am working my way through the posts about Izzy and other posts. Your blog is truly awesome and deeply touching.

melissa said...

Regarding your Immersion Blender - these are very popular in Europe (where I live), more so than a "normal" blender style because of the limited space. Hope you enjoy it!

Leann said...

its in the middle of the night here and I stopped before I go to bed.not a good Idia!!!I read that chicken resipe now Iam hungery.it sounds soooo good.
Ill have to make it one day.
God bless..((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))

Lorie said...

Sounds good! Thanks!