Friday, May 25, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday ~ No bake cookies









Here's what I'm making today:


  • 1 3/4 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 3 cups oats
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened.
Izzy's teachers seemed to really be touched by the keychains and notes. Niecie cried, but that's Niecie :o). Izzy brought home a book of pictures chronicling her year in school. I have looked at those sweet pics so many times in the last 24 hours! She had a great year and we are so blessed. She is an absolute doll. Well, today I am going to lunch at the German place I mentioned in my restaurant post. My (OLDER) brother Mike is taking me! So I'll be back later to tell you how perfect my schnitzel was!

Go over to Overwhelmed with Joy's blog to see more recipes on fif!

18 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

How sweet that the teachers enjoyed your gifts so much. Of course Niecie would cry. :)

I LOVE no-bake cookies! I'm coming over!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh my, these cookies bring back such wonderful memories! They are one of the only things my mom ever taught me to make growing up. I still have the same recipe card, in my early teen handwriting, where she had me write down my own copy on one of her recipe cards :) Love these things!

Have a great day and enjoy that lunch with your brother - sounds delicious!!!

Jill said...

I love these cookies. We made them every summer in Bible School. They bring back great memories!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Annie, NUMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just what I need today! Oh, boo! I'm out of peanut butter, ok, it will need to wait until tomorrow but these are GOING TO BE MADE this weekend!

Kim said...

I knew everyone would love those little gifts! You would have to be hard-hearted not to, and who could work with Izzy with a hard hard?! :) Are your older kids out of school also? Man, my boys don't get out until June 20th!
Have a wonderful lunch out and a great Friday--
Oh, and I see my daughter Sarah found your blog and you commented on hers. She has been blogging for several years but just moved hers to blogger and updated. She is such a cute little newlywed wifey--oh to be that young again!

Jenn said...

Now that sounds perfect!! No baking in this 90 degree weather, I will definitely be trying these for the kiddos soon!!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

These are our eldest son's favorite cookie!
I bet Izzie's album is so precious!
Have fun at lunch!

Anonymous said...

Yum. My favorite of all time.

Jenny said...

Yummy! I like no-bake cookies! My kitchen was hot after baking all my chocolate chip cookies this morning.
Hope your meal and visit with your brother is great, and I have no doubt the teachers liked their presents. It has to be refreshing when a parent keeps believing in their child's healing.

gail@more than a song said...

I hope you had a fun time with your brother.

Those cookies bring back such good memories! I think it was the first thing my mom taught me to make...oh I see sis Stacy said the same thing too! But we tend to be alike!

Anonymous said...

Oh I absolutly love these cookies! They are easy, and do not last long around my house!

Yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! And no bake?! I'm sold. I'll be trying these soon. Thanks for sharing, have a wonderful weekend! :)

Lorie said...

Oh, I love these cookies!!

Unknown said...

I love these cookies, but didn't have a recipe for them. Thanks!

Joyful Days said...

I bought some of these the other day and was wishing for a recipe!! Yipee!!

Michelle said...

My FIL likes the no bake cookies at walmart so I bet he would love these! Thanks for the recipe!

Hope your schnitzel was good!

Hyperactive Lu said...

Cookies look fantastic! I'm stealing this recipe! BTW, glad the gifts went over well! They were so cute!

Overwhelmed! said...

You can't beat no bake cookies! :)

Thanks so much, Annie, for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again this Friday!