Tuesday, April 24, 2007

This & That

I am posting a couple more pics I took of the kids Sunday, it was an interesting photo session... We all went to church Sunday, on the way home mom called to suggest I invited dad for lunch because she was out of town sitting with her elderly father. I did. I asked Matt during church what he wanted for lunch while kicking myself for not putting something in the crockpot before leaving home. I was hoping he would say, "subway," but he said "steak." I ran by our local grocery store and just didn't see any steak that looked good... so I bought cubed steak with plans of chicken fried steak which is Matt's absolute favorite meal and I never cook it because I don't like it at all! So I brought it in, prepared it, had it cooking... had potatoes mashing... had biscuits baking, broccoli steaming etc. The kids informed me during my cooking rush that they were taking off their church clothes to which I said, "WAIT! I've got to take pictures!" Dad walked up right about the time we walked outside to snap some pics (ready for lunch! :0) ) ... So, it is amazing that any of these pictures are even decent considering I was really rushing, everyone was hungry etc. The biscuits got a little browner than I prefer, but all in all it was a crowd pleaser.

Today was Izzy's IEP at school. I have said before that these are never fun, but I am so blessed with this group of people. They all love Izzy so much it is amazing. I think I also already said they are going to take Iz to the regular Pre-K class for a little while each day. Today the pre-k teacher came down to meet me and then we took Izzy to her class to check it out. I told her this was where the big girls go to school. I am excited for her. They did set good goals for Iz for the next school year although my goals are much (much much ) higher. I am just really thankful to be where we are and know for sure God is lighting the path that we follow.









post signature

14 comments:

Amberly said...

Great pictures and that meal sounds absolutely delicious! I love cubed steak with mashed potatoes!!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! I am so glad your IEP went well!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! I am so glad your IEP went well!

Jenny said...

Such great pics! I think your oldest daughter looks just like you! And I like your new picture on the side bar. And I like Mandalyn's new signature. And I like you! :) You rock.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics! I am glad Izzy's IEP went well. I hope you have a great rest of the week!

Michelle said...

those pictures came out beautifully! I'm glad the IEP meeting went well!

Barb said...

You are sooo pretty, Annie. I love these beautiful photos. All of you are just gorgeous.

And it may not be your favorite, but your chicken fried steak dinner sounds wonderful. I think I'll make that for Rob soon - like you, I hardly ever make it but it's one of his favorites, too.

What a fun, uplifiting post. And I love your music.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

These pictures are gorgeous and so are your girls! Your dinner may not have turned out perfect (your version of perfection that is), but it sounds yummy :)
I'm glad everything went well with Izzy today.

Haley said...

Th pictures turned out beautifully! I'm glad the meeting for Izzy went well also!

~Haley

Karen said...

Annie, I've enjoyed visiting your place, and especially enjoy the recipes. The chicken squares look wonderful! Your girls are all so beautiful. The oldest one looks just like you, but they all resemble you, too!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pictures! :o)

Your meal sounds wonderful! I'm so glad everything fell into place. I'm sure your Dad enjoyed spending some time with y'all. :o)

KC said...

very very pretty girls you got there.
WOW you made my head spin with your rushing around to get that cooking done, you are super women aren't you??

Robin Green said...

Well, is your head about to burst from all those nice comments you've gotten? The pictures are great--and I've already said that you are lovely, your daughter looks just like you, and you must be a wonder woman! Hope you have a great rest of the week!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there...first time visitor, I caught a link from Coach J.

You have a lovely family :)