Friday, March 9, 2007

FIF~St. Patrick's Day Edition


Today is favorite ingredient Friday ~ St. Patrick's Day edition, which means either a green food recipe or an irish recipe...

My maiden name was Bailey. I really liked having Bailey as my last name. It was easier to spell than my married name, and no one asked me to spell it repeatedly... I liked that name so much that I named my son Bailey, John Bailey... Anyway, my dad and many of his sisters look Irish, with red hair etc.

Today was a busy day and I am trying to keep my eyes opened long enough to get this typed out. After taking Izzy to school this morning, I took Amanda to get her passport. It took forever! She is going to Canada this Summer with our church to do mission work in Montreal. They are also going to stop off at Niagara Falls. Needless to say she is very excited... It is pretty much all she is focused on right now. Hopefully her passport will come within the 10 weeks estimated. (Her trip is in 13 weeks). Izzy had a good day at school. She worked in the walkable with her pt Camilla and did a really good job concentrating on moving her little legs. Later today Jon from the dme co. came to measure for her new stroller chair. We are getting a raspberry colored stroller. I am excited mainly because her current stroller chair is so incredibly heavy that lifting it in and out of my car every day is quite a job! I'm not complaining, I am blessed to have such strong arms. But it will be great to have a lighter 'new' stroller. Tonight we did her program and again she did great! Lots of smiles! She also did really good at the assisted crawl. Emelia has become my #1 helper on this part of therapy! She is always cheerful and ready to help.

Okay, on to the recipe...
green key lime pie.

1-1/4 cups crushed pretzels
1/4 cup sugar
6 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lime juice
1 env. KOOL-AID Lemon Lime Unsweetened Soft Drink Mix
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
MIX crushed pretzels, sugar and butter. Press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
COMBINE condensed milk, lime juice and drink mix in large bowl until well blended. Remove 1/2 cup whipped topping; set aside. Gently stir in remaining 2-1/2 cups whipped topping. Pour into crust.
FREEZE 6 hours or overnight. Let stand at room temperature 15 min. or until pie can be cut easily. Garnish with reserved whipped topping before serving. Store leftover pie in freezer.


Have a great Friday! You can sign up to participate in FIF over at Overwhelmed with Joy!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a really interesting version, I've always done the whole squeezing the key limes which is a long process if you have ever seen how small a key lime is. Yours sounds very easy so I'll have to try it!

:-)

KC said...

you did have a long day, I hope you get sometime to rest.

your recipe is my sort of recipe.. nice simple, quick and easy.. YEAH :)

I'm going to make that for the family on the 17th.. how fun.. thanks for shareing.

Overwhelmed! said...

Nice! A green food recipe. This one looks nice and easy. I love it!

Now quick, go be the first to link up on my Favorite Ingredients Friday- St. Patrick’s Day edition post! :)

Jessica said...

OK, you got my attention! Key Lime Pie is one of my FAVORITES!! Thanks for sharing!!

Jenn said...

I LOVE key lime pie, thanks!!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Oh, Annie, your lime pie sounds good too! Wonder if my kids would tolerate my switching lime pies on them this year :) And my maiden name is Kelley....my dad was full blooded Irish. (And had the temper to prove it! :))

My Trendy Tykes said...

This looks easy!! LOVE EASY RECIPES!

Linda

Sandra said...

Oh YUMMY.....looks so easy and I LOVE Key Lime Pie :)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

This looks really good and easy. I love Key Lime Pie. Thanks for sharing!!

Laura said...

Wow, it really looks green. I've never seen any thing like it. It must be great.

Michelle said...

Mmmmm! I love key lime pie! Now you've got me craving some; I'm going to have to make it this weekend!

Glad to hear you'll be getting a new stroller chair - I hope it's easier on your arms for you and that Izzy likes it!

Eagles Wings said...

my dh loves key lime I'll have to try. I actuallly was caught by your first story above this one about the near drowning incident. I just recently had a friend at church who wasn't so blessed and buried her 3 yr old son. :-( So, yes it is very dangerous and like a loaded gun!!!!

Rae said...

That sounds so fantastic! Thanks for sharing! =)

Unknown said...

I love key lime pie. Thanks!