Saturday, February 17, 2007

Weekend Reflection #2


Another week come and gone, they come and go so quickly...
Monday was Amanda's first day at her new job... yes JOB!!! She is working at a place that sells feed and seed. She is pretty happy about it because it is close to home, she dresses casual, doesn't see people she knows while there, and can do her Algebra III while at work in the evenings. Her schedule is only two evenings and half a day on Saturday, perfect!
Tuesday I ran around getting everything ready for Valentine's Day!
Wednesday (Valentine's Day) I went to my Aunt Louise's funeral. She was my dad's sister. There were 9 children in his family and she is the first to die. She lived in Houston, so her grown children had a funeral there and then flew her to Oklahoma so her siblings and their families could also have a service and she was buried in the cemetery their mother is buried in.
Although I am tired of people dying (seriously!) It is interesting how much you gain from summarizing a person's life. I am amazed at what is mentioned, what's important. One service the preacher said that your life is the dash between two dates, it's what you make of the dash. I want my dash to be pleasing to God first, to help my children's life's also please God.
I left the funeral and rushed to Emelia's school for her party. We then headed home to start making our heart shaped meatloaves. Amanda went to eat with her friend (male) and we stayed in. It was a cozy evening.
Thursday it snowed! I have been fighting so hard for months and months to get Izzy approved for a program called Tefra that is a federally funded program based on her income rather than our income. WELL... this day I received the call that she is APPROVED!!!! This means that her teeth will soon be fixed (all crowned...). I spent the next half hour on the phone finding a good pediatric dentist that accepts our dental private insurance as well as the tefra. I did. She goes week after next. I am so excited to check this off our to do list. As if this was not enough good news for one day... I then got a letter from "make a wish" saying Izzy gets a wish. This is really exciting. Her little friend "C" went to Disney world. They stayed in a really neat place and had a great time! We are going to be thinking about what a good wish would be.
Friday me & Izzy stayed home most of the day and cleaned house. It was a productive day. Jane Ellen (Matt's Aunt) and Jane Ann (Matt's sister) both came Friday evening to spend the night. We were celebrating the February birthdays. We just got pizzas for dinner. Jane Ann picked the menu for Saturday because she was the birthday girl. She chose beans, cornbread, fried potatoes and Strawberry cake... oh and cinnamon rolls.
Today, Saturday, I got up really early to take Amanda to work. I was so excited to see the automatic car wash line free. So, I washed my car before 7 a.m. With all this snow and stuff the cars are so dirty. I ran to Walmart to get a few things for the day. I came home and started the beans with ham, and then made french toast, Parmesan eggs, link sausage, and bacon. YUM. I highlighted Jane Ann's hair and fixed it for her and then started working on lunch. Paula (matt's mom) and John (her hubby) came down today and they started frying potatoes... The lunch was really delicious. Everyone has left now and we are resting and watching "The Other Sister." I intended for me & Izzy to lay down and take a nap, but that didn't happen... oh well, maybe tomorrow!
This was a good week. Many blessings!
For more Weekend Reflections go to Judi's site.

8 comments:

Kim said...

I am so glad you had so many good things happen this week. I know that the dental program must be such a relief for you. If you go to Disney, go to the one in FL the first week of April and meet us! I've never been before, nor have my girls. I am so excited. I had a patient when I was still working in NY state that got to go to Disney through make a wish. The family is huge (like 20+ people with all the kiddos they've adopted), and they took them all. The mom said they were treated like royalty. I am very excited for you as you get to figure out a wish.

Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Whew! Sounds like a busy week...but a good one. I am glad! I hope you have a great week this week. Wishing you continued blessings!

Jenny said...

Oh I am so pleased that Izzy got approved for the Tefra! Way to go!! I know you worked hard to get her approved. And what about that wish??!! How awesome is that!!? You had a great Thursday didn't you!! BTW, I have posted about Izzy over at Gus' Gang...I'm sorry it has taken me so long!

Eden said...

Hi! I've seen that you have left a comment several times. I'm sorry I hadn't gotten back to you sooner. Thank you so much for stopping by! Would you mind if I added you to my blog list? Have an awesome weekend!

Anonymous said...

What a great week you had! I'm so glad the Tefra approval came through! Sadie had to have her teeth crowned about 5 years ago due to her disease and it really made a difference for her. I hope for the best for Izzy!! :o)

Marcia Francois said...

Hi Annie

Thanks for stopping by my blog last Monday! Sorry I'm so late to come around and visit.

I appreciate it - have a great week!

Marcia
http://organisingtips.blogspot.com

Shawna said...

You had a busy but fruitful week. Congrats on the Tefra approval and the Wish for Izzy! Hope your week goes just as well this week!

zhasha said...

am so glad to hear that you had a good week..

more blessings for you!