Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday ~ garlic brown sugar chicken





I haven't tried this recipe... It is just one that sounds like it might be worth trying out.




Crockpot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
1 to 1-1/2 pounds chicken pieces
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup vinegar
1/4 cup lemon-line soda
2-3 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon pepper (regular black or cayenne)
Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice or noodles.

What I plan to make for this Thursday is plain spaghetti & meatballs in the crockpot which couldn't be easier!!!

I put in frozen meatballs (from Sam's) and pour one or two jars of roasted garlic Ragu spaghetti sauce... I press several cloves of garlic and then add my spicy spaghetti spices and some extra red pepper flakes. Close to the end of cooking I add in a little cream and some fresh parmesan cheese.

I cook whole wheat linguine pasta, stir in a dash of olive oil and press a clove of garlic to season and serve the sauce over the linguine. Top with more parm... yum!

I am going to buy a smaller crock pot because I have decided to start preparing Izzy's meals seperately in another cooker with fresh veggies, some meat and brown rice... They smooth it with some olive oil...

My crock pot is huge and I love it. I have about worn the thing out using it so much but I think whoever invented it should get a big kiss :)

Have a great Thursday... head to Sandra's blog for more Slow cooking recipes...

8 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Hey Annie - I've made this Garlic Brown Sugar chicken before. I actually first made it in 2002, and have fixed it sporadically until then. It's good, but not our most favorite way to do chicken in the crockpot. Hope you guys enjoy it, if you get a chance to try it.

Have a great day!

Sandra said...

I can't wait to try this one, it sounds really really good.

Thanks for sharing Annie.

Sandra

Tammy M. said...

Hi Annie -
thanks for your comment on my blog. Your recipe sounds wonderful!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie,
How is Izzy? I loved your menu this week. Please add to your prayer list my best friends daughter . Erin is 7 and needs a kidney soon. She is on the list and they are waiting.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed reading your post. You included some healthy additions too. Thank you.

By the grace of God ... said...

Your spaghetti sauce additions sound really good! I come from an Italian family - and I'v heard of adding cream but have not personally tried, I just may have too! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

the garlic brown sugar chicken does sound like a great recipe to try - and something different to do with the chicken! Thanks for sharing it!

Arlene said...

The spaghetti and meatballs sounds yummmmmmy! Not so sure about the chicken though...