Sunday, February 25, 2007

Menu Plan Monday


Happy Monday! This is going to be a busy day (as usual). We just started Izzy's new programme pretty much Sunday evening because it took that long to get the swing mounted to her therapy room ceiling and fix her bed to elevate for rolling... fun stuff. Anyway, she did well and I am excited to see what changes start happening in the next few days, weeks, months, ... We have hippo therapy today at 1:00 p.m. Izzy loves riding Opie the horse and it is such a great therapy. Okay, I guess it's time to plan a menu huh?

Monday
Taco chicken casserole, green beans, rolls

Tuesday
Gyros

Wednesday
beans, potatoes, and cornbread

Thursday
Spaghetti, corn, french bread

Friday
burgers

Saturday
Chinese carryout! (my favorite)

Beef Gyro Recipe

1/2 c. beef broth

2 T. Olive Oil

1 garlic clove (minced or pressed)

1/2 t. salt

1/2 t. oregano

dash pepper

1 pound boneless beef sirloin cut into strips

2/3 c. cucumber ranch dressing

1 t. sugar

gyro style pitas, or flatbread

2 c. chopped lettuce

1 c. chopped tomato

1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced

1 small red onion, sliced

In large resealable bag, combine first six ingredients, seal and refrigerate up to 24 hours.

In small bowl, combine salad dressing and sugar, refrigerate until serving. Drain and discard marinade. In large nonstick skillet saute beef for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve on pitas with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion. Drizzle with dressing.

Taco Chicken

. 5 medium chicken breasts, boiled and slivered

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can rotel tomoatoes

1 medium onion

1 bell pepper

2 cups of shredded sharp chedder cheese

1 large bag of plain doritoes

Boil chicken, sliver it in medium chunks. Mix all canned ingredients in large bowl. Dice onion and pepper and add to mixture. Add half the cheese and mix well. Layer the bottom of a casserole dish with doritoes, then add a layer of chicken, then mixture, then cheese, do this two times, ending with cheese, you can add more cheese if you like. Bake at 375 degrees F. for about 45 minutes or until cheese is bubbly


One great things is I have the taco chicken made in the freezer, and the gyros are marinated and also in the freezer so several days will be easy as a breeze! I hope you have a great week!

blessings~
Annie

For more menus hop over to Organizing Junkie!

25 comments:

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Yum, taco chicken casserole!

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Mornin', Annie! :o) I hope y'all have a good week! Your menu this week sounds yummy! Does Hidden Valley make cucumber ranch? I don't think I recall seeing it in the stores. Sure sounds good!

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Those gyros look yummy and we are all lovers of chinese takeout here too! Great menu.

gail@more than a song said...

Taco chicken casserole sounds very good!
Thanks for stopping by, I'm loving the Mitford books too!

KC said...

You do have a busy day ahead of you. I like that you have some meals made ahead of time, i'm going to try to work on that and see what i can have done and waiting for me. the Taco Chicken Casserrole sounds yummy.. Could you share the recipe when you get time?
Happy Eating.

Anne said...

Yum- taco chicken casserole! I may have to make up my own. Happy Monday to you, Annie! :)

Jen said...

Thanks for including the beef gyro recipe--sounds delicious! I can't wait to try them.

Your menu looks great! Have a wonderful week.

Robin Green said...

Everyone else is commenting on your taco chicken casserole--It does sound very good! I think I have caught a little 24 hour bug or something. I will be fine--they don't usually hit me hard! I hope you have a good week with Izzy's new programme--I am still praying for her and your entire family!

Julie said...

The beef gyro recipe is making my mouth water. I'm going to have to make them sometime this week. It reminds me of the times we ate gyros at that little restaurant. Fun memories! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...we have to try the Taco Chicken Casserole!!! Have a wonderful week!

alisonwonderland said...

thanks for sharing your recipes! have a good week! i love chinese take-out too.

Marcia Francois said...

That taco casserole sounds just delicious.

But I will have to restrain myself. I can just see it jumping onto my already ample hips. LOL

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great week with your 4 blessings.

Jill said...

The taco casserole sounds great! Your whole week looks pretty good!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Your menu sounds great! Especially the Gyros, I have never attempted or even thought to make those before! Yum! Thanks for stopping by and posting on my blog!

By the grace of God ... said...

I'm so glad that you included the Gyros recipe. Going to try that one, also the Taco Chicken sounds good too. Have a great week!

Homeschooling Momma said...

Your menu sounds really good. Thanks for posting on my blog! Tonya

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I'll be saving both of those recipes! I love gyros. Have a great week!

Heather said...

Thanks for posting the taco chicken recipe! I will be using that one soon!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Those recipes sound amazing! Can't wait to try them out.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Those recipes sound so good, thank you so much for sharing them with us! Your whole week sounds really good, and I'm with you - Chinese take-out is just about my favorite meal! :)

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

The beef gryos sound wonderful! I'll have to give them a try.
I always enjoy reading your menu and visiting your blog!
Have a blessed week :)

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Those recipes sound wonderful!! Yum! Thanks for sharing

Kim said...

The gyro and chicken recipes sound so great. I'm glad that things went well with Izzie's appts last week. You must stay so busy.

Have a wonderful week,
Kim

Sharijoy said...

I love gyros.reminds me of when I was in Greece!! you sound super busy too..... Me too!! its insane how it never slows down... how do we keep up??? we just do!! we are amazing!! have a great week!!

Irene said...

OK you probably won't believe that, with people associating Greece with their summer holiday lunches of gyro with pita nad Greek salad, but , I have never actually made a gyro myself. I may try the cross-Atlantic version first!
There is actually a place in Athens, under the Acropolis of all places that my husband likes to go for his gyros, whenver we visit Athens. When we do visit again, I am going to ask for the recipe and send it to you for cross-examination!

The other thing your entry made me think is that I have somewhere a book about meals being prepared ahead of time. I am going to look for it.

Have a great week. Wishing you lots of love and laughter.