Wednesday, November 29, 2006

New study...

I started a new bible study a few days ago and I am learning a lot.  King Uzziah was
King when Isaiah was growing up.  His story is in 2nd Chronicles.  He was a great 
leader and became too full of himself.  He ended up going into the temple and burning
incense, which was only permitted by priests. He was stricken with leprosy and died alone.  Wow, pride can really inhibit a real 
relationship with God and ruin your life.  
This week is less hectic than last.  I still have not been inspired enough to face pulling 
out all the Christmas boxes (ugh).  I did look at them today while putting away the 
containers of Fall decorations...and I did hang the Christmas flag... I made a wreath 
for the front door.  I love all the believe signsI am seeing this year.  I bought just a 
cheap (inexpensive...) wreath, put the believe sign and red bowalong with some silver 
stars.  I think all together I spent $7 and it really is cute.  Hopefully I'll get the drive to do what I need to do.
I also really really really need to clean out my closet (double ugh).
It is cold and rainy today which is great.  I took Iz to school today.  When I picked her
up it started thundering and lightening so much that we sat in the car for a little while 
waiting for the rain to let up a bit.
I'm still trying to diet.  I want to start exercises but haven't figured out when.  I could during 
Izzy's school, but right now I have been using that short time to run errands.  I guess I need
to prioritize.  I think I've lost about 15-18 pounds in the last month or so.  
I made a pretty good new recipe last night Matt's mom gave me during Thanksgiving.  It was
black bean cakes with spanish rice.  It was really good, matt & emelia loved it.
 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I happened upon your blog today and I know this is an old post but I just wanted to say - I know that bible study --- breaking free, right?
I am leading that one at my church right now!
I am a mommy to 3 little girls. God bless you and your family!
Mindy